Stuck How do you restore the page view once you expand it?

  • Hausammann, Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hello,

      I was working in TJ and used my mouse to expand the viewing pane of an
      entry. I tried to shrink it back by picking up the vertical page size
      indicator with my mouse. I can see it but the mouse can't make it
      shrink. Can anyone help me?

      Mark

      From: thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi Mark - I tried to replicate your experience, and discovered the same
        thing happened for me too. I could not re-open the "Tree" on the left edge
        once I dragged the edge of the main TJ area to the left edge of the window
        frame. To resolve this problem, I closed TJ and then restarted it. Once
        reopened, TJ allow access again to the Tree. Perhaps try to close and
        restart the TJ program. Good luck. Bruce

        From: thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>

        That is curious. If you disable the symbol replacement, does the Unicode

        font work properly?

        -David

        On 1/30/2011 5:16 PM, Bruce T. Hennen wrote:
        > Hello David - I've since noticed that it was the default font of
        @Arial
        > Unicode which was causing the problem. If you happen look at the
        replacement
        > strings for that Unicode, the different usage of the parenthesis is as
        > tried to explain. I've changed the default font to now be the TrueType
        > Arial. The problem no longer takes place.
        >

        > Thank you for your prompt reply.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Bruce
        >

        > From: thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        > [mailto:thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [thejournal-users] Symbol Replacement Strings
        >

        > That's not The Journal's default behavior with ( and ).
        >
        > Click on the User menu, and choose User Preferences...
        >
        > On the "Editor" tab you can "Edit Symbol Replacement Strings".
        >
        > If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
        >
        > -David
        >
        > On 1/27/2011 4:57 PM, Bruce T. Hennen wrote:
        >> Hi everyone, I'm new to TJ5 and have a question relating to how one
        > changes
        >> the Symbol Replacement Strings.
        >>

        >> I have a need to use both the right and the left parentheses in a
        "normal"
        >> manner, without automatically adding a space before and after. The
        default
        >> settings replaces "(" with " (" and ")" with ") " which do not work
        for
        my
        >> situation.
        >>

        >> While trying to format a number like this 82.67(8) TJ5 by default
        gives
        me
        >> this 82.67 (8) which does not fill my needs.
        >>

        >> I've found the User Preferences, Editor, Edit Symbol Replace Strings
        > window,
        >> but I cannot figure out how to remove the spaces before and after the
        >> parentheses.
        >>

        >> The default font being used is @Arial Unicode.
        >>

        >> Thanks for your help.
        >>

        >> BTH