tasks when done

  • junieb13us
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
      I'm still in my trial period and I'm loving the Journal so far - unfortunately it has so many options, that I've spent way too many hours trying different skins, colors, etc...but that's my issue..

      Anyway, I searched older posts but nothing came up regarding this.

      I have tasks that I would like to be reminded of every day (take vitamins, whatever). Once I do them, I would like them to disappear for that day. There is an option that says 'display task until completed' but even though I have it as 'done' for that day, the task is still being displayed. So I don't know if that's a bug or whether that means something different from what I think it means. So, how do I make the task reminder disappear once I've accomplished that task for the day? I don't want to delete it since I'd like to be able to look back and see I've done it but don't want to have to look at it once it's been done. So, is this possible?

      Thanks - you all have been so very helpful. That's an added reason to buy the software.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
        Thank you for trying The Journal!

        Currently, no, there's no way to have a task disappear once you mark it
        done. I can see what you mean, though, since that would keep daily tasks
        from cluttering the display. I'll add this to my list of requested features.

        If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

        -David

        junieb13us wrote:
        > I'm still in my trial period and I'm loving the Journal so far - unfortunately it has so many options, that I've spent way too many hours trying different skins, colors, etc...but that's my issue..
        >
        > Anyway, I searched older posts but nothing came up regarding this.
        >
        > I have tasks that I would like to be reminded of every day (take vitamins, whatever). Once I do them, I would like them to disappear for that day. There is an option that says 'display task until completed' but even though I have it as 'done' for that day, the task is still being displayed. So I don't know if that's a bug or whether that means something different from what I think it means. So, how do I make the task reminder disappear once I've accomplished that task for the day? I don't want to delete it since I'd like to be able to look back and see I've done it but don't want to have to look at it once it's been done. So, is this possible?
        >
        > Thanks - you all have been so very helpful. That's an added reason to buy the software.

      • Beth Davis
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
          Thank you! I'd appreciate that, too. Also, I get pop ups listing the
          completed tasks when I start the Journal, and I don't know how to make that
          go away either. It would be nice if the only tasks showing were the ones
          left to do, and any pop ups would list the same. Otherwise, I find myself
          reading through a partially completed list of tasks just to make sure I
          don't miss anything. Thanks for all you do! Much appreciated!

          Blessings,

          Beth D. in MD

          junieb13us wrote:
          > I'm still in my trial period and I'm loving the Journal so far -
          unfortunately it has so many options, that I've spent way too many hours
          trying different skins, colors, etc...but that's my issue..

          > Anyway, I searched older posts but nothing came up regarding this.
          >
          > I have tasks that I would like to be reminded of every day (take vitamins,
          whatever). Once I do them, I would like them to disappear for that day.
          There is an option that says 'display task until completed' but even though
          I have it as 'done' for that day, the task is still being displayed. So I
          don't know if that's a bug or whether that means something different from
          what I think it means. So, how do I make the task reminder disappear once
          I've accomplished that task for the day? I don't want to delete it since I'd
          like to be able to look back and see I've done it but don't want to have to
          look at it once it's been done. So, is this possible?

          > Thanks - you all have been so very helpful. That's an added reason to buy
          the software.

        • junie b
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
            OK - then what does it do when you check the option 'display until completed'? What is that referring to?

            Thank you for adding my suggestion to the list!

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
              That option, if checked, will display the task each day until you mark
              it completed (or until the task recurs).

              It's not a meaningful option for daily tasks.

              -David