Error message: RPC server is unavailable

  • chavush32
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
      I recently upgraded to Journal 5. Now when I exit the Journal I get the message:
      exception EOIexception in module journal5.exe at 006528c9 the RPC server is unavailable

      I am running Vista 64 bit.

      I also get the RPC server is unavailable, when i try to backup the journal.

      Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
        I'm not sure what would cause that. See if un-installing and
        re-installing The Journal 5 solves the problem.

        Let me know.

        -David

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
          No it does not. I have tried installing and uninstalling it twice already.

          Thanks for your response

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
            I'm at a loss.

            Is anyone else using 64-bit Vista and seeing a similar problem?

            Thanks for the details.

            -David

            chavush32 wrote:
            > No it does not. I have tried installing and uninstalling it twice already.
            >
            > Thanks for your response
            >
            > --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:
            >> I'm not sure what would cause that. See if un-installing and
            >> re-installing The Journal 5 solves the problem.
            >>
            >> Let me know.
            >>
            >> -David
            >>
            >> chavush32 wrote:
            >>> I recently upgraded to Journal 5. Now when I exit the Journal I get the message:
            >>> exception EOIexception in module journal5.exe at 006528c9 the RPC server is unavailable
            >>>
            >>> I am running Vista 64 bit.
            >>>
            >>> I also get the RPC server is unavailable, when i try to backup the journal.
            >>>
            >>> Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

          • skinnedipr
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 5, 2010
              I'm on Vista 64 bit, no problems like this for me, no problems at all since updating ::knock on wood:::

              AM~

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2010
                New question: Are you using The Journal 5 on a USB drive?

                David Michael wrote:
                > I'm at a loss.
                >
                > Is anyone else using 64-bit Vista and seeing a similar problem?
                >
                > Thanks for the details.
                >
                > -David
                >
                > chavush32 wrote:
                >> No it does not. I have tried installing and uninstalling it twice already.
                >>
                >> Thanks for your response
                >>
                >> --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:
                >>> I'm not sure what would cause that. See if un-installing and
                >>> re-installing The Journal 5 solves the problem.
                >>>
                >>> Let me know.
                >>>
                >>> -David

              • elaine.seery
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 10, 2010
                  I'm also using 64 bit Vista, with no problems. 5.0 ran fine and I just upgraded to 5.1 also without a hitch.