Dropbox Question

  • Karen O'Byrne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi David,
      Just wondering about the download Dropbox. Is it safe to put that into my
      computer? I am always worried about downloading something which can record
      and transfer your data. Do you know if anyone been had any experience with
      this download? I sometimes worry that putting something out of the ordinary
      on my computer is planting a "bug" so that it is transmitting data to
      another person. I ,too, want to use the journal on my laptop when I am away
      from my main computer for my journals which I use everyday. Would love to
      use this easy synchronization program. Any comments?
      Karen

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        Karen, I've been using dropbox for a while now with no problems or rouge downloads or the like. I do, however, have virus protection which is probably a good idea in any case. I haven't tried the dropbox for my journal files yet, sounds interesting. I've loaded it all my thumb drive and pretty much make it a part of my clothing. Using dropbox may have an advantage to this, as I forgot to where it today. David, can I load the whole program and such on to dropbox? Has anybody tried this yet? What do you think?

        Mike

        --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Karen O'Byrne" <mikkaren@...> wrote:

        > Hi David,
        > Just wondering about the download Dropbox. Is it safe to put that into my
        > computer? I am always worried about downloading something which can record
        > and transfer your data. Do you know if anyone been had any experience with
        > this download? I sometimes worry that putting something out of the ordinary
        > on my computer is planting a "bug" so that it is transmitting data to
        > another person. I ,too, want to use the journal on my laptop when I am away
        > from my main computer for my journals which I use everyday. Would love to
        > use this easy synchronization program. Any comments?
        > Karen

      • arail_10007
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
          I have The Journal in dropbox - the whole program. Never had any problems with it. Realize that dropbox is a very popular and widely used program. If there were any issues with it, they would be addressed immediately. It's not a small rogue outfit.

          I don't use USBs any more. dropbox is the answer. All of the files I'm working on are stored in my dropbox folder (up to 2G for free) and they're all synced across my 3 computers without issues.

          --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mwrother500@...> wrote:

          > Karen, I've been using dropbox for a while now with no problems or rouge downloads or the like. I do, however, have virus protection which is probably a good idea in any case. I haven't tried the dropbox for my journal files yet, sounds interesting. I've loaded it all my thumb drive and pretty much make it a part of my clothing. Using dropbox may have an advantage to this, as I forgot to where it today. David, can I load the whole program and such on to dropbox? Has anybody tried this yet? What do you think?
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Karen O'Byrne" <mikkaren@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi David,
          > > Just wondering about the download Dropbox. Is it safe to put that into my
          > > computer? I am always worried about downloading something which can record
          > > and transfer your data. Do you know if anyone been had any experience with
          > > this download? I sometimes worry that putting something out of the ordinary
          > > on my computer is planting a "bug" so that it is transmitting data to
          > > another person. I ,too, want to use the journal on my laptop when I am away
          > > from my main computer for my journals which I use everyday. Would love to
          > > use this easy synchronization program. Any comments?
          > > Karen

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
            I like that. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

            Mike