auto-correct & thesaurus

  • Swan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      David:

      I am unable to get it to auto-correct the small cap "i" into the large cap
      "I" although it appears on the list and although other listings correct.

      Also, I am unable to open the thesaurus. I see in Explorer it has the
      extension .adt and is association with another program I have installed.
      What should it be associated with?

      Thanks,
      Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
        Alan,

        The i-to-I correction isn't working. This is on the list to address.

        As for the thesaurus: It works for me. What is it doing when you click on
        the button?

        -David

        >I am unable to get it to auto-correct the small cap "i" into the large cap
        >"I" although it appears on the list and although other listings correct.
        >
        >Also, I am unable to open the thesaurus. I see in Explorer it has the
        >extension .adt and is association with another program I have installed.
        >What should it be associated with?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Alan

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush
      • Swan
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
          David:
          It just tried it (the thesaurus) again, and it worked this time.

          Alan

          The i-to-I correction isn't working. This is on the list to address.

          As for the thesaurus: It works for me. What is it doing when you click on
          the button?

          -David

          >I am unable to get it to auto-correct the small cap "i" into the large cap
          >"I" although it appears on the list and although other listings correct.
          >
          >Also, I am unable to open the thesaurus. I see in Explorer it has the
          >extension .adt and is association with another program I have installed.
          >What should it be associated with?
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Alan

          "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
          We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
          ---Rush

        • bobby_hawk
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2001
            David,

            Will my current 2.41 license work with 3?

            Will I have to do any special upgrading?

            Thanks,
            Bob
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2001
              Bob,

              No, your current keys won't work for The Journal 3.

              If you purchased The Journal 2.x from July 1, 2001, up to the release of
              The Journal 3, you are eligible for a free upgrade. If you purchased any
              previous version of The Journal before July 1, 2001, you are eligible for
              special upgrade pricing.

              In either case, email your name, mailing address, and (approximate) date of
              purchase, and I'll email you back either your free registration keys or a
              coupon code to buy The Journal 3 at the upgrade price (50% off).

              -David