Template to store Passwords

  • Hausammann, Mark
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2 7:53 AM
      Hello,

      Does anyone have a template to store passwords. I need something that
      can hold a userid, company/site, password and date entered and anything
      else that makes it easier to keep track of the PWs.

      Thanks,

      Mark

    • Christine Pereira
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 2 8:04 AM
        I would be really interested in something like this too.

        Christine Pereira

        Independent Stampin' Up! <http://mudmaven.stampinup.net/> Demonstrator

        Mudmaven Designs <http://mudmaven.blogspot.com/>

        Broomfield, Colorado

        Quotable Quotes:
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
        and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel (1903-1991)

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2 8:22 AM
          I, too, think this is an excellent idea. I would find it very useful.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2 8:42 AM
            I just create a table with 4 columns. Name, web address, user name,
            and then password. Very simple.

            --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Hausammann, Mark"

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2 11:12 AM
              Here's how old school I am... ;-)

              I have a single entry I use for passwords. When I want to add a new
              password, I bring up the entry and go to the end.

              Then I hit ENTER twice.

              Then I shake my head that I forgot *again*, and hit F4 to make the entry
              editable.

              *Then* I hit ENTER twice to double space.

              I type in the name of the company/Web page, which I format with Heading 2.

              On the next line (in regular formatting) I list my user name and
              password, like this:
              userName:pa$$wo4d

              Then I hit F4 again to lock the entry back.

              When I need a password, I bring up the entry and do a search (Ctrl+F)
              for the name of the company/Web page.

              It ain't pretty. What's worse, though, is that my address/phone book in
              The Journal is done the same way. ;-)

              -David

              nutritarian wrote:
              > I just create a table with 4 columns. Name, web address, user name,
              > and then password. Very simple.
              >

              > --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Hausammann, Mark"
              > <mhausammann@...> wrote:
              >> Hello,
              >>
              >> Does anyone have a template to store passwords. I need something that
              >> can hold a userid, company/site, password and date entered and anything
              >> else that makes it easier to keep track of the PWs.
              >>
              >> Thanks,
              >>
              >> Mark

            • Kaleb Ellis
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2 12:45 PM
                I also store site password information in a similar fashion.

                I have created a category called passwords and add an entry for each site.
                I have additional information I keep with each entry.

                I created a template that is a 2x4 column that has rows for site, username,
                password and last updated.

                I created a template button and place it on the tool bar.

                To create a new password, F9, enter name of site (entry title), press the
                password template button, fill out the boxes and ALT + arrow up or down to
                move the entry in alpha sequence.

                If I have any other information (additional PIN numbers, notes for the site,
                usage, etc). I will add that to the entry as well.

                Just my .02 cents..

                Kaleb Ellis

                Systems Administrator

                Cate Equipment Group

                _____

                nutritarian wrote:
                > I just create a table with 4 columns. Name, web address, user name,
                > and then password. Very simple.
                >

                > --- In thejournal-users@ <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com, "Hausammann, Mark"
                > <mhausammann@...> wrote:
                >> Hello,
                >>
                >> Does anyone have a template to store passwords. I need something that
                >> can hold a userid, company/site, password and date entered and anything
                >> else that makes it easier to keep track of the PWs.
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >>
                >> Mark

              • Bev/Troi
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2 3:49 PM
                  I never store passwords unprotected on my computer. I especially
                  wouldn't keep them in a file called 'passwords'. I use Roboform to look
                  after mine.

                  http://www.roboform.com/

                  No affiliation - but couldn't manage without it.

                  Bev
                • dj.elopez
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 3 12:09 AM
                    Roboform works for me too. It works great!

                    --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, Bev/Troi <troi@...> wrote:

                    > I never store passwords unprotected on my computer. I especially
                    > wouldn't keep them in a file called 'passwords'. I use Roboform to
                    look
                    > after mine.
                    >
                    > http://www.roboform.com/
                    >
                    > No affiliation - but couldn't manage without it.
                    >
                    > Bev

                  • Hausammann, Mark
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 3 11:31 AM
                      Do you use the USB version or do you load it on your work PC and Home
                      PC?

                      ________________________________

                      <mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com> , Bev/Troi <troi@...> wrote:

                      > I never store passwords unprotected on my computer. I especially
                      > wouldn't keep them in a file called 'passwords'. I use Roboform to
                      look
                      > after mine.
                      >
                      > http://www.roboform.com/ <http://www.roboform.com/>
                      >
                      > No affiliation - but couldn't manage without it.
                      >
                      > Bev

                    • Hunter NR (Nagea) at Aera
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 3 11:39 AM
                        USB

                        Nagea Hunter
                        Informations Systems
                        Office: (661) 665-5660
                        Fax: (661) 665-5065

                        mailto:NRHunter@...

                        _____

                        This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

                        --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com<mailto:thejournal-users%40yahoogroups.com>