spelling check

  • sueeggett
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
      I used THE JOURNAL free trial and then purchased it a few days ago.
      Since registering it I've noticed that every word, sentence,
      paragraph...everything is underlined in red as though all of my work
      is misspelled. How can I fix that?

      I like this program very much because it can be open, minimized, and
      private. It stays there as a reminder to continue my habit, yet
      without being exposed to other curious individuals.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
        Do this:

        1. Click on the User menu and choose "User Preferences..."

        2. Bring up the "Spell Checker" tab.

        3. Under "Dictionaries" make sure that "English" is checked.

        You *might* need to click on "Locate Dictionaries" and browse to this
        folder:
        C:\Program Files\DavidRM Software\The Journal 4\Dictionaries\

        If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

        -David

        sueeggett wrote:
        > I used THE JOURNAL free trial and then purchased it a few days ago.
        > Since registering it I've noticed that every word, sentence,
        > paragraph...everything is underlined in red as though all of my work
        > is misspelled. How can I fix that?
        >
        > I like this program very much because it can be open, minimized, and
        > private. It stays there as a reminder to continue my habit, yet
        > without being exposed to other curious individuals.
      • Sue Eggett
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2008
          Thank you.