Old backups from old versions

  • monkey_cha_cha@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
      As a college student I used an old version of the journal (2.0). It
      was an evaluation copy that had a nag screen, but never expired. I
      didn't have much money then so I never registered. I always loved
      the program and told myself that I'd register when I had the money to
      spare. Fortunately I now have a better paying job and I recently
      registered the current version. The trouble is, I can't seem to get
      the backup from the old version onto the new and I fear the 2-3 years
      worth of journals are lost. Does anyone have any suggestions? I
      need to know if it's a lost cause so I can just get on with it!
      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
        Try this: If you have the backup on floppy disks, copy it from the floppies
        onto your hard drive. If it's on more than one floppy, copy all backup
        segments into the same folder. Then do the restore from that folder.

        Are you upgrading to The Journal 2.43?

        -David

        >As a college student I used an old version of the journal (2.0). It
        >was an evaluation copy that had a nag screen, but never expired. I
        >didn't have much money then so I never registered. I always loved
        >the program and told myself that I'd register when I had the money to
        >spare. Fortunately I now have a better paying job and I recently
        >registered the current version. The trouble is, I can't seem to get
        >the backup from the old version onto the new and I fear the 2-3 years
        >worth of journals are lost. Does anyone have any suggestions? I
        >need to know if it's a lost cause so I can just get on with it!
        >Thanks!

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush
      • monkey_cha_cha@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
          Thanks for your response. I'm currently using registered version
          2.43. The backed up was from 2.0. I tried to restore from a both a
          copy from my hard drive and a copy from a floppy. Nothing. Would an
          evaluation copy wipe out everything? I appreciate your help!

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • monkey_cha_cha@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
            I was unaware that I have two backups, one of which must be a bum
            copy. I found a second and it backed up beautifully. Whew! What a
            relief. It was actually 4 years of entries recovered. Thanks so
            much for your help. I love The Journal and I'm glad I'm finally
            registered.

            Thanks,

            Eric
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2001
              Very cool!

              Not sure I was a lot of help, though. =)

              -David