New Computer Question

  • Chip and Claire
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi David..... I am getting a new computer and have a question..... I
      checked the help/FAQ section on your website and it States that I should
      back up my data and download the journal to the new computer....

      would it be possible to transfer it with the cable I will be using for the
      rest of my transferring??? or are there problems with that and that is
      the reason for the instructions on the website.....

      also, are there any Vista problems I should be aware of???

      thanx for your help.....

      Claire

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
        Claire,

        You *can* use a cable to move your data to the new computer. But I
        recommend the backup/restore approach.

        If you do want to use the cable: Transfer "The Journal Volumes" folder
        (and all its sub-folders and files) from your "My Documents" folder on
        the old computer to your "My Documents" (or I think Vista calls it
        "Documents" now) folder on your new computer.

        BUT, you will still want to download The Journal from my Web page.
        Because you need the installer to setup some stuff within Windows for
        you. Just grab the latest version off the Web page.

        The Journal works great with Vista (as of June).

        If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

        -David

        Chip and Claire wrote:
        > Hi David..... I am getting a new computer and have a question..... I
        > checked the help/FAQ section on your website and it States that I should
        > back up my data and download the journal to the new computer....
        >
        > would it be possible to transfer it with the cable I will be using for the
        > rest of my transferring??? or are there problems with that and that is
        > the reason for the instructions on the website.....
        >
        > also, are there any Vista problems I should be aware of???
        >
        > thanx for your help.....
        >
        > Claire

      • Chip and Claire
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
          Thanx, David..... I'll be using the backup and restore method.... the
          other sounds too techie for me..... LOL

          take care, Claire

          Chip and Claire wrote:
          > Hi David..... I am getting a new computer and have a question..... I
          > checked the help/FAQ section on your website and it States that I should
          > back up my data and download the journal to the new computer....
          >
          > would it be possible to transfer it with the cable I will be using for the
          > rest of my transferring??? or are there problems with that and that is
          > the reason for the instructions on the website.....
          >
          > also, are there any Vista problems I should be aware of???
          >
          > thanx for your help.....
          >
          > Claire

          Yahoo! Groups Links