Re: Copying Entries - Hyperlinks Style

  • jucomuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      > If they're all under the same entry, you can drag-and-copy accross
      categories.
      > This describes how:
      > http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/newsletter/tjnews02-12.php#tip2

      Right, I think that procedure works easier when you have say few
      entries (with their subentries) to move-copy. My question actually
      referred to the case you want to move-copy *several* independent
      entries at once, say 20 entries out of 40 in category A, to category
      B. Do I really have to do the procedure 20 times? I haven't find a way
      to 'select' those 20 entries and move them as a group.
      Similar thing happens if you want to 'delete' several entries (from a
      given category) at once, you just have to do it one by one, right?

      > > 2.When inserting an entry hyperlink, how can I keep the original
      > > style of the selected word, even when this is different from the
      > > style of the page or the style of 'general links'?
      >
      > You mean, like if the selected word is italicized or bolded?

      Well, I usually use different fonts and/or sizes at different parts of
      an entry and may put links anywhere, even in a Heading. What happens
      now, for instance, is that if I want to add a link to a word that
      belongs to a 30 size sentence, that word shrinks to size 12..

      Thanks once again!
      Judy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        > group. Similar thing happens if you want to 'delete' several
        > entries (from a given category) at once, you just have to do it one
        > by one, right?

        You can bulk delete by clicking on the Entry menu and choosing "Delete
        Entries..."

        Copying in bulk, though, is still awkward.

        > Well, I usually use different fonts and/or sizes at different parts
        > of an entry and may put links anywhere, even in a Heading. What
        > happens now, for instance, is that if I want to add a link to a
        > word that belongs to a 30 size sentence, that word shrinks to size
        > 12..

        I'll look into this and see what I can do before the next update.

        Thanks for the details!