New version of Blogger

  • murfee88uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      David,
      Blogger is promoting an updated version of their software in beta and
      encouraging members to try it out. Unfortunately there is no undo
      feature so if the new interface is not compatible with third-party
      providers like yourself a user can't go back to the previous Blogger
      version.

      Have you been asked to test out this new version by anyone else? If
      not could I ask you to take a quick look or do you think that the
      Journal blog post utility is fairly generic and won't be affected by
      the change?

      Any guidance would be helpful.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        I hadn't heard about the upgrade. So long as the new version still supports the
        old Blogger API, it should work fine. If they discontinue support for the old
        API, though...no, it won't work.

        Do you have some links where I can look for more information.

        -David

        On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:13:40 -0000, murfee88uk wrote:
        > David,
        > Blogger is promoting an updated version of their software in beta
        > and encouraging members to try it out. Unfortunately there is no
        > undo feature so if the new interface is not compatible with third-
        > party providers like yourself a user can't go back to the previous
        > Blogger version.
        >
        > Have you been asked to test out this new version by anyone else? If
        > not could I ask you to take a quick look or do you think that the
        > Journal blog post utility is fairly generic and won't be affected
        > by the change?
        >
        > Any guidance would be helpful.
      • Walter
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
          Not sure if you got the link - but you can definitely learn more here:

          http://help.blogger.com/bin/topic.py?topic=9083