RE: [thejournal-users] ????????

  • Julz
    Message 1 of 16 , May 5, 2001
      Did I get kicked off the list or is it just vewwy, vewwy, quiet???????????

      Be Well,
      Julz
      email: julz@...
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Check out the WORST pages on the web!
      http://www.julz.cx/

      My Journaling Website:
      http://www.julz.cx/journal/

      Visit Gracie's Place!
      http://www.julz.cx/gracie/

      Buster, the Rhymin' Rescue Dog!
      http://www.julz.cx/buster/

      The ABLEDOGS Web Page:
      http://www.abledogs.net/
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.
      ~Proverbs 17:22

      Message 2 of 16 , May 5, 2001
        Shh...you'll wake someone... ;-)

        -David

        >Did I get kicked off the list or is it just vewwy, vewwy, quiet???????????
        >
        >Be Well,
        >Julz
        >email: julz@...
        >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        >Check out the WORST pages on the web!
        >http://www.julz.cx/
        >
        >My Journaling Website:
        >http://www.julz.cx/journal/
        >
        >Visit Gracie's Place!
        >http://www.julz.cx/gracie/
        >
        >Buster, the Rhymin' Rescue Dog!
        >http://www.julz.cx/buster/
        >
        >The ABLEDOGS Web Page:
        >http://www.abledogs.net/
        >*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        >A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.
        >~Proverbs 17:22

        davidrm@... (formerly davidrm@...)

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush
      • Julz
        Message 3 of 16 , May 5, 2001
          There are times when I am rather forcibly reminded of what a good friend and
          companion my journal is.
          Times when I hurt physically, and the people around me have that glazed-eyed
          look, as if they have totally OD'ed on my whining.
          Times when I mourn and people seem to think that they need to give me
          platitudes and cliches, when I want to grab 'em by the collar and say, "NO!
          I don't need you to say anything- I need you to JUST LISTEN!"
          Times when I just need my alter ego because I am so damn DOWN I need to
          grovel in the dirt awhile with the roly-poly bugs,and not hear anyone
          telling me to "buck up" or "get over it".
          I don't want to hear that the sun will shine again, okay? I know it will.
          I may be miserable, but I am NOT a moron.
          I don't want to hear about your sister-in-law's cousin who has it SO much
          worse than I- I feel lousy enough, don't throw a big lump of guilt on top of
          it, please.

          There are times when no friend but the journal will do; times when I wonder
          idly how the HELL do people who do not journal COPE, anywayÂ…

          I hate those times.

          Be Well,
          Julz
          email: julz@...
          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
          Check out the WORST pages on the web!
          http://www.julz.cx/

          My Journaling Website:
          http://www.julz.cx/journal/

          Visit Gracie's Place!
          http://www.julz.cx/gracie/

          Buster, the Rhymin' Rescue Dog!
          http://www.julz.cx/buster/

          The ABLEDOGS Web Page:
          http://www.abledogs.net/
        • Karen Crousore
          Message 4 of 16 , May 5, 2001
            AMEN julz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 28, 2001
              David,

              I have been cutting and pasting "Paste Special" for a while... Have
              you been able to fix the locking up so I can go back to a standard
              paste?

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 28, 2001
                Bob,

                I still have this bug on my list. The problem appears to be a Windows
                issue, unfortunately, and I haven't found a workaround.

                You don't need to use Paste Special for everything. If you're not pasting a
                table, then you shouldn't see the problem and just use the normal Paste.

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 28, 2001
                  I agree.... it's just tables. I've tried switching my email from
                  formated to non-formated and The Journal still sees the table and
                  locks up.

                  Why did it work before and not now?

                  Thanks,
                  Bob

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 28, 2001
                    Beginning with The Journal 2.4, the text editing component was brought "up
                    to date". That allowed a lot more features to be made available in The
                    Journal (including numbered lists). It also brought with it a couple of its
                    own little peccodillos, issues that didn't exist in the older version.

                    And this is a standard Windows component...so I'm limited in what I can do.

                    If you don't mind...could you do this:

                    1. On the Windows Start menu, find the Find sub-menu, and choose "Files or
                    Folders..."
                    2. In "Named" enter: riched20.dll
                    3. Leave "Containing Text" blank
                    4. "Look in" should be your default hard drive (C:\, usually)
                    5. Click on "Find Now" and let it do it's thing.
                    6. You should find a copy of riched20.dll in C:\Windows\System\
                    7. Right-click on the file and choose "Properties"
                    8. On the "Version" tab, tell me what it says for File Version and Product
                    Version.

                    I have a collection of this file from various versions...maybe yours is one
                    I haven't seen...

                    -David

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 29, 2001
                      David, Here is the version I think I'm using. It was located in my
                      C:\winnt\system32 directory, Riched20.dll 5.30.23.1205

                      There were others located on my hard drive. I think Windows 2000 is
                      using the one in \winnt\system32 because it should be first on the
                      search path.

                      See this link for a screen image of the search results for
                      riched20.dll

                      http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b409b531/bc/Other/Version+of+Riched20.D
                      LL.pdf?bcbpPB8A6o3Yo8ub

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 29, 2001
                        I agree about the C:\WinNT\System32 copy. I didn't realize you were on
                        Windows 2000.

                        I'll keep this information available and see what turns up.

                        Thanks for the details.

                        -David