Hello out there!!

  • Sherri5762@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2000
      Anyone out there?

      I was just reading through the archives for the newsletter and for this user
      group. So many people voted for this list but no one is using it. What do
      you say? Lets shake things up!

      I enjoyed reading how several others are using The Journal for various
      things. I am just using mine for "finding myself." I love the notebook
      feature. Can you have more than one notebook (is that what is referred to as
      loose-leaf?)

      I also think it would be great if you could name your entries in the
      non-daily categories...or can you? I've only been using it for a few weeks
      so maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

      I'll have to check out templates, too. I haven't tried that feature yet.

      Looking forward to hearing from others,
      Sherri
      Maryland
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2000
        >Anyone out there?
        >
        >I was just reading through the archives for the newsletter and for this
        user
        >group. So many people voted for this list but no one is using it. What
        do
        >you say? Lets shake things up!

        Yo.

        There's been 1 or 2 messages on the list, so far. =)

        >I enjoyed reading how several others are using The Journal for various
        >things. I am just using mine for "finding myself." I love the notebook
        >feature. Can you have more than one notebook (is that what is referred to
        as
        >loose-leaf?)

        To create a new loose-leaf/notebook category:
        1. Right-click the category tabs, and choose "Category Properties..."
        2. Under the list of category names, click "New Category".
        3. Change the name to whatever you want.
        4. Make sure you click "Loose-Leaf" under "Category Type".
        5. Set the fonts and colors to whatever pleases you, and click "Done".

        >I also think it would be great if you could name your entries in the
        >non-daily categories...or can you? I've only been using it for a few
        weeks
        >so maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

        No...you can't name entries in a non-daily category. A non-daily category
        is essentially a daily category that's been "paused" on a particular day.

        I haven't met too many users who use the non-daily category. In fact, it's
        a frequently asked question..."What good is a non-daily category?" =)

        Have fun!

        David Michael
        email: davidrm@...
        homepage: http://www.davidrm.com

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush
      • Ric Raftis
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2000
          > I haven't met too many users who use the non-daily category. In fact, it's
          > a frequently asked question..."What good is a non-daily category?" =)

          I use the non daily category.....I have one where I record jokes and yarns
          that have been worth keeping and another for recording sayings that I wish
          to remember.

          Kind regards,

          Ric Raftis
          Visit me on the web at
          Australian Bush Verse
          http://bushverse.bizland.com
          ICQ # 21048397
        • Sherri5762@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2000
            In a message dated 10/28/2000 10:54:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            davidrm@... writes:

            > I haven't met too many users who use the non-daily category. In fact, it's
            > a frequently asked question..."What good is a non-daily category?" =)

            LOL! Thanks David.

            BTW, my oldest son is named David Michael (not his last name) and we have a
            picture of him standing in front of a company in San Bernardino, CA called
            The David Michael Company:)

            Sherri
            Maryland