Force text formatting of pasted text?

  • Andrew Mitcham
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      David,

      Because I am unable to 'get' web page info into my Journal (https pages
      aren't supported), I copy/paste the data instead. Problem is, the
      pasted info is re-written using Times Roman/12pt. font and this
      style/size differs from existing text in the entry.

      My question to you is: Is there a way to force default text formatting
      onto the text being pasted. As it is right now, after pasting the text,
      I then re-select it and manually change the style.

      Thanks!

      Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        Andrew,

        Ctrl+Shift+V will bring up "Paste Special...", and you can choose "Unformatted".

        There is also Ctrl+Shift+Insert which pastes as unformatted text.

        Is that what you're looking for?

        -David

        On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:33:04 -0000, Andrew Mitcham wrote:
        > David,
        >
        > Because I am unable to 'get' web page info into my Journal (https
        > pages aren't supported), I copy/paste the data instead. Problem is,
        > the pasted info is re-written using Times Roman/12pt. font and this
        > style/size differs from existing text in the entry.
        >
        > My question to you is: Is there a way to force default text
        > formatting onto the text being pasted. As it is right now, after
        > pasting the text, I then re-select it and manually change the style.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Andrew
      • SDdavis
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          David,

          I am wondering why Andrew can't "get" web pages into his journal.

          I have been downloading webpages to my desktop, and then using the
          import feature to insert them into TJ entries. Seems to work for me.

          I'm just a little confused - nothing new about that. :-)

          ~Susan

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            Susan,

            The issue is secure servers. If the Web page starts with "http://", then you can
            get it with The Journal. If it starts with "https://" (secure HTML), then you
            currently can't get it with The Journal.

            -David

            On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:25:27 -0600, SDdavis wrote:
            > David,
            >
            > I am wondering why Andrew can't "get" web pages into his journal.
            >
            > I have been downloading webpages to my desktop, and then using the
            > import feature to insert them into TJ entries. Seems to work for
            > me.
            >
            > I'm just a little confused - nothing new about that. :-)
            >
            > ~Susan
            >

            > On 2/1/06, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Andrew,
            >>
            >> Ctrl+Shift+V will bring up "Paste Special...", and you can choose
            >> "Unformatted".
            >>
            >> There is also Ctrl+Shift+Insert which pastes as unformatted text.
            >>
            >> Is that what you're looking for?
            >>
            >> -David
            >>

            >> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:33:04 -0000, Andrew Mitcham wrote:
            >>
            >>> David,
            >>>
            >>> Because I am unable to 'get' web page info into my Journal
            >>> (https pages aren't supported), I copy/paste the data instead.
            >>> Problem is, the pasted info is re-written using Times
            >>> Roman/12pt. font and this style/size differs from existing text
            >>> in the entry.
            >>>
            >>> My question to you is: Is there a way to force default text
            >>> formatting onto the text being pasted. As it is right now,
            >>> after pasting the text, I then re-select it and manually change
            >>> the style.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks!
            >>>
            >>> Andrew

            >> Service.

          • SDdavis
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
              Okay - thank you!

              On 2/1/06, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:
              > Susan,
              >
              > The issue is secure servers. If the Web page starts with "http://", then
              > you can
              > get it with The Journal. If it starts with "https://" (secure HTML), then
              > you
              > currently can't get it with The Journal.
              >
              > -David
              >

              > On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:25:27 -0600, SDdavis wrote:
              > > David,
              > >
              > > I am wondering why Andrew can't "get" web pages into his journal.
              > >
              > > I have been downloading webpages to my desktop, and then using the
              > > import feature to insert them into TJ entries. Seems to work for
              > > me.
              > >
              > > I'm just a little confused - nothing new about that. :-)
              > >
              > > ~Susan
              > >

              > > On 2/1/06, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Andrew,
              > >>
              > >> Ctrl+Shift+V will bring up "Paste Special...", and you can choose
              > >> "Unformatted".
              > >>
              > >> There is also Ctrl+Shift+Insert which pastes as unformatted text.
              > >>
              > >> Is that what you're looking for?
              > >>
              > >> -David

              > >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              > >> Service.

              > ________________________________

            • Andrew Mitcham
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
                Thank you for pointing this out to me. The up-side is it does work
                in that the pasted text takes on the font style of the entry. The
                down side is the table formating that comes with the pasted text is
                lost.

                I may continue my cut/paste process, but I appreciate the other
                suggestion. I was unaware I could paste unformatted text.

                Thanks!

                Andrew

                --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@...>