English Dictionary

  • Frederick Serjeant
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      Is there a "proper" English Dictionary available? The American one
      works fine - but the "proper" spelling of colour is rejected in favour
      (favor) of color.

      Frederick - a true Englishman ;-)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        Frederick,

        You can download a British English spell checker dictionary from here:
        http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/tjdownload.shtml#spellcheck

        If you need anything else, let me know.

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in
        the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put
        that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale

        On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:33:43 -0000, Frederick Serjeant wrote:
        > Is there a "proper" English Dictionary available? The American one
        > works fine - but the "proper" spelling of colour is rejected in
        > favour (favor) of color.
        >
        > Frederick - a true Englishman ;-)
      • Chip and Claire
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi..... don't know if this will help or not..... when you spell check
          and the words are rejected, can you click on 'add to dictionary'???? this
          will add the words to the dictionary and they won't be rejected again......

          hope this helps......

          Take care, Claire

          Is there a "proper" English Dictionary available? The American one
          works fine - but the "proper" spelling of colour is rejected in favour
          (favor) of color.

          Frederick - a true Englishman ;-)

          writing software
          Creative writing book Writing a book report Writing child book

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "thejournal-users" on the web.

        • Frederick Serjeant
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2005
            David

            Thank you. I have downloaded it and it is working fine.
            Colour and favour are now accepted as true Englsih spelling -
            like wot i was tawt wen i was a kid! no wot i mean? :-)

            --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@d...>