Journal use

  • Larry Hawkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      This is the first time I have tried to use a "journal". How do most of you use it and what does sharing it online do for you?
      Larry

    • Sue Cifelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        Larry,
        I use the journal to track my daily activities at work and also my
        monthly accomplishments. On a personal level, I use the journal to
        jot down my thoughts and dreams for my life and keep track of special
        events that occur. Sometimes I use it as a way just to vent about my
        day. There are an unlimited number of uses for the journal as David
        has made this extremely robust. I'm certain he could list many more
        things than i have mentioned here as to how to use it.

        One of the things i will be using it for is to use it as a reminder
        (through automatic templates) of God's promises, of which there are
        many throughout the Bible.

        You can use it as a scrap book with pictures, as a project manager,
        as a notebook if you are working on a project that requires you to
        track your activities.

        You can use it to document your prayers.

        There are templates which are add ins to the product for writing
        inspiration. One that I particularly like is the devotional template.

        If you are a blogger, you can use it to prepare your blog before you
        post it.

        The program has the flexibility to track your entires by day, or free
        form using the notebook.

        However you use it, once you try it, you will find a myriad of
        additional uses for it as it is so well designed, and so flexible.

        Happy journaling,
        Sue

        --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hawkins

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
          Larry,

          Thank you for using The Journal!

          Here are some articles that describe how a number of people use The Journal:
          http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/tjresources.shtml

          Here are some more here:
          http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/tjcomments.shtml

          If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

          "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in
          the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put
          that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale