Re: [thejournal-users] Out of the Office

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2001
      Through a series of coincidences that rivals the coincidences that were to
      send me out of the office in the first place...I actually never left. Life
      can be interesting sometimes... =)

      In any case, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm actually not "not here"
      (today's double negative).

      Also, while my davidrm@... email address hasn't been my primary
      email address for the last couple months, it has been autoforwarding to my
      current email address (davidrm@... or samudrm@...). As of 15
      March, however, the company that has been hosting busprod.com's mail server
      is pulling the plug. So, after nearly 5 years, davidrm@... will no
      longer work at all. It was a good email address. Let's all pause for a
      moment of silence...

      Hope everyone has a great weekend!

      -David

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2001
        I'm attending the Game Developer Conference in San Jose, CA, this week, so
        I'm going to be out of the office from Tuesday, 20 March, through Saturday,
        23 March.

        Since I spend my life rather "hooked up" to the Internet, I use these type
        of events as Much Needed Excuses for not being connected at all. Not taking
        a laptop...not even taking a cell phone...I expect to be in Full Workaholic
        Withdrawals by Wednesday...but it should be good for me...really...<takes a
        deep breath> ;-) So if you send me any email, it'll be Sunday or Monday
        before I can respond.

        I hope everyone has a great week!

        David Michael
        samudrm@... (formerly davidrm@...)

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush

      • Steve Sutton
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2001
          At 09:36 AM 3/19/2001, your fingers spake thusly:
          >I'm attending the Game Developer Conference in San Jose, CA, this week, so
          >I'm going to be out of the office from Tuesday, 20 March, through Saturday,
          >23 March.

          Welcome! We've got some good weather in store for you - mostly sunny, and
          middle to upper 70 degrees predicted for most of the week in SJ. Up to 10
          degrees above average - so don't spend all of your time inside at the
          conference!

          cheers,
          steve

        • samudrm@home.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2001
            --- In thejournal-users@y..., Steve Sutton <sfsutton@m...> wrote:
            > At 09:36 AM 3/19/2001, your fingers spake thusly:
            > >I'm attending the Game Developer Conference in San Jose, CA, this
            week, so
            > >I'm going to be out of the office from Tuesday, 20 March, through
            Saturday,
            > >23 March.
            >
            > Welcome! We've got some good weather in store for you - mostly
            sunny, and
            > middle to upper 70 degrees predicted for most of the week in SJ. Up
            to 10
            > degrees above average - so don't spend all of your time inside at
            the
            > conference!

            The weather was, for the most part, quite nice, if a bit humid.
            Thanks. =)

            The conference was great. The weather was great, except for the rain
            Saturday night. The people were great. And I didn't hit Workaholics
            Withdrawal until Thursday, and I was over it by Friday night. All in
            all, well worth the trip.

            My 2 conference trips to California (this one, and a conference in
            Los Angeles back in 1998) have shown me why people would move
            there "for the climate". So mild (most of the time). Quite liveable.

            Traffic-wise, however, is a different story... ;-) I *think*, after 4
            days of going in circles in downtown San Jose, that I can finally
            visualize the street system and which way the highways
            crisscross...it's much too small of a downtown area to have caused me
            this much confusion...but I managed...I found navigating the streets
            of Los Angeles easier than much-smaller San Jose...go figure... =)

            I'll be spending most of today and some of tomorrow getting caught up
            on the email that came in over the last week. My apologies for the
            delays in response for some of you.