Printing bug?

  • Lily
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
      David, when I print an entry from a loose-leaf category, it prints the first line of text immediately to the right of the title line.

      So instead of:

      Category\Entry Name

      Text of entry.....

      I get:

      Category\Entry NameText of entry.....

      Not even a space! The horror!

      Lily

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
        The entry header is no longer forced to be double-spaced above the
        actual entry text. You will need to edit the entry header (
        Options menu, User Preferences..., "Printing" tab, "Edit Entry
        Header") and add a blank line.

        This affects most people upgrading from The Journal 3. Something I
        forgot to add to the newsletter last week. My apologies for the
        confusion.

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
        stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
        might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
        -- Earl Nightingale

        On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:30:17 -0500, Lily wrote:
        >David, when I print an entry from a loose-leaf category, it prints
        >the first line of text immediately to the
        >right of the title line.
        >
        >So instead of:
        >
        >Category\Entry Name
        >
        >Text of entry.....
        >
        >I get:
        >
        >Category\Entry NameText of entry.....
        >
        >Not even a space! The horror!
        >
        >Lily
      • Albert
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
          Is there a way anyone knows of to make the topics on the left and the
          sub-headings (docs) bold and change their font type?

          Thanks

          Happy New Year to all of you Journal users

          Albert

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
            >Is there a way anyone knows of to make the topics on the left and
            >the sub-headings (docs) bold and change their font type?

            Do you mean the entry tree?

            There is a way to change the font size used in the entry tree (and
            the category tabs) with the INI file. Look in the online help under
            "Journal.INI"

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
              Thanks for the fix info!

            • SomebodyWannabe@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 1, 2005
                The Maitenance, Back up the journal is not working for me. When I go to
                the destination in Windows Explorer, there is nothing there.

                Doris
              • Albert
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                  Thanks. Will do.

                  Albert

                  _____

                  >Is there a way anyone knows of to make the topics on the left and
                  >the sub-headings (docs) bold and change their font type?

                  Do you mean the entry tree?

                  There is a way to change the font size used in the entry tree (and
                  the category tabs) with the INI file. Look in the online help under
                  "Journal.INI"

                  "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
                  stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
                  might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
                  -- Earl Nightingale

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                    Just to make sure I understand:

                    1. You are doing a backup (Journal | Maintenance | Backup The
                    Journal...)

                    2. You click on "Start Backup" and the process goes through its
                    steps.

                    3. Then, when you go to find the backup file, it's not there?

                    Is that the case?

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 2, 2005
                      Yes, that is it exactly.

                      Doris

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                        That's rather unexpected.

                        And you're sure you're opening up the folder specified in the Backup
                        Settings: "Backup Destination Path"? The default setting is "C:\".
                        Have you changed it?

                        -David

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                          yes, I changed it. Is that all right? Do I have to change it back?

                          It worked previously, but does not work now.

                          Doris

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                            I changed the default back, but now it is not copying everything up to date.

                            Doris

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                              You should be able to set it to any valid path on your computer.

                              The only thing I can think of is to verify that the path is entered
                              correctly in the Backup Settings.

                              -David

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2005
                                I sent another email earlier, but it has not shown up.

                                I changed it back to C:\ as the path. It copies, but not up-to-date. For
                                some reason, it doesn't copy anything entered after 12/4/04.

                                I have tried several times. Do I need to reinstall the program or what do
                                you suggest next?

                                Doris

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                                  Doris,

                                  Hmm.

                                  1. What version of The Journal are you using? You can check by
                                  clicking on the Help menu and choosing "About The Journal..."

                                  2. In your Backup Settings, under "Backup Journal Volumes", make sure
                                  "All Journal Volumes" is selected.

                                  Let me know.

                                  -David

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                                    Hi David,

                                    I am using version 4.0.0.133.

                                    All Journal Volumes is selected.

                                    I just tried again and it is not backing up to the current date.

                                    Am I using the latest version? Should I try reinstalling?

                                    Thanks so much.

                                    Doris

                                  • Lily
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 4, 2005
                                      Doris -- I have no idea how to solve your problem, but one thing you should maybe do before going any further is export all of your entries to a RTF -- if the worst happens and something goes horribly wrong, you won't have lost your material. The worst you'll have to do is copy-and-paste it.

                                      I myself backup every day -- as a normal backup but then as an RTF, so I at least always have the material if something goes wrong.