Obvious ? re exporting

  • Mike Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2004
      I know it's me and I apologize in advance for not finding it in the
      messages posted to this board but...where is the Export command? I'm
      using version 30071. I can see the Batch Import command. I see the
      Export preferences tab. I see the references to it in the Help (but
      no listed procedure). But I do not see a command off of any menu that
      simply says "Export."

      Thanks -- I'm using Journal for the NaNoWriMo comp, which I'm
      enjoying more than I expected. I want to export my novel to an RTF
      file and email it to myself or upload it to my Yahoo Briefcase for
      safe keeping.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2004
        Mike,

        Export Entries is at the very bottom of the "Entry" menu.

        Maybe I should move it to the Tools menu. That does seem like a
        logical place for it. =)

        If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
        stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
        might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
        -- Earl Nightingale

        On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 03:06:47 -0000, Mike Brown wrote:
        >I know it's me and I apologize in advance for not finding it in the
        >messages posted to this board but...where is the Export command? I'm
        >using version 30071. I can see the Batch Import command. I see the
        >Export preferences tab. I see the references to it in the Help (but
        >no listed procedure). But I do not see a command off of any menu
        that
        >simply says "Export."
        >
        >Thanks -- I'm using Journal for the NaNoWriMo comp, which I'm
        >enjoying more than I expected. I want to export my novel to an RTF
        >file and email it to myself or upload it to my Yahoo Briefcase for
        >safe keeping.
      • john_dlugosz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 21 2:37 PM
          Speaking of moving things, notice the location of "Delete User(s)" and
          how far away it is from "Create New User"?

          --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@d...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 21 5:36 PM
            That's intentional. To me, that's a "Maintenance" task, and not one
            that needs to be accessed very often.

            -David

            >->
            >Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
            >Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
            >http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/tt2olB/TM

          • john_dlugosz
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 24 1:40 PM
              How often do you need to create one, either?

              I think someone will look for like things together, and not sort them
              by frequency-of-use ahead of topical similarity.