Re: [thejournal-users] HTML links

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
      >Is there any way to keep typed links from *becoming* links?

      Currently, no. As I think about this...I seem to think it *used* to
      be an option, long ago, and then went away (probably in the v2-to-v3
      upgrade; though I could be deluding myself; it's a hot, humid
      Sunday...). In any case, I've added this to my list of planned future
      features.

      >Also, I can't find any help item or tool that will let me remove the
      >linkness (?) from a typed link that I don't want to be 'live'.

      Same problem. If The Journal recognizes a URL, it's gonna make it
      clickable. So even if you use the "Delete Link" command, the URL will
      still be there.

      "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
      stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
      might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
      -- Earl Nightingale
    • journal@through.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004
        I can relate to hot, humid nights!

        Thanks for putting it on the consideration list.

        MF