Feature request.

  • Lily
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6 12:06 PM
      First off (and this is not to suck up or soften the coming "blow" -- I really mean it), I love The Journal more every day. It's helped me to organize so much of my life, enabled me to start journaling again AND to keep up with my writing.

      This is such a nitpicky thing, but I believe I've seen others mention it and just wanted to add my vote. Sometimes when I create a category, I make default setting choices that I later regret. When I change the default settings for a given category, they as you know only affect new documents in that category. I would love it if when I change the default category settings, there was the OPTION of changing old entries. A command of some sort that says "Change style of this entry to default style for this category" is what I mean, if that makes sense.

      As always with these requests, if you never manage to implement this, I am still and will continue to be a devoted Journal user. :-)

      Lily

      Message 2 of 5 , May 6 1:32 PM
        Lily,

        I hadn't thought of the optional approach, but this is a planned
        future feature. So that if you change your default text style (font,
        color, whatever), it's reflected in all entries which use that style.

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
        stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
        might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
        -- Earl Nightingale

        On Thu, 6 May 2004 15:06:37 -0400, Lily wrote:
        >First off (and this is not to suck up or soften the coming "blow" --
        >I really mean it), I love The Journal more
        >every day. It's helped me to organize so much of my life, enabled
        >me to start journaling again AND to keep
        >up with my writing.
        >
        >This is such a nitpicky thing, but I believe I've seen others
        >mention it and just wanted to add my vote.
        >Sometimes when I create a category, I make default setting choices
        >that I later regret. When I change the
        >default settings for a given category, they as you know only affect
        >new documents in that category. I would
        >love it if when I change the default category settings, there was
        >the OPTION of changing old entries. A
        >command of some sort that says "Change style of this entry to
        >default style for this category" is what I
        >mean, if that makes sense.
        >
        >As always with these requests, if you never manage to implement
        >this, I am still and will continue to be a
        >devoted Journal user. :-)
        >
        >Lily
      • Lily
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6 1:41 PM
          Just so I'm clear, is this at the category level, or the User Preferences --> Styles --> Edit Default User Text style?

          I only ask because it's actually not so much the font that I have trouble with (that's universal and I never change it) but the background.

          I hadn't thought of the optional approach, but this is a planned
          future feature. So that if you change your default text style (font,
          color, whatever), it's reflected in all entries which use that style.

          "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
          stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
          might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
          -- Earl Nightingale

          On Thu, 6 May 2004 15:06:37 -0400, Lily wrote:
          >First off (and this is not to suck up or soften the coming "blow" --
          >I really mean it), I love The Journal more
          >every day. It's helped me to organize so much of my life, enabled
          >me to start journaling again AND to keep
          >up with my writing.
          >
          >This is such a nitpicky thing, but I believe I've seen others
          >mention it and just wanted to add my vote.
          >Sometimes when I create a category, I make default setting choices
          >that I later regret. When I change the
          >default settings for a given category, they as you know only affect
          >new documents in that category. I would
          >love it if when I change the default category settings, there was
          >the OPTION of changing old entries. A
          >command of some sort that says "Change style of this entry to
          >default style for this category" is what I
          >mean, if that makes sense.
          >
          >As always with these requests, if you never manage to implement
          >this, I am still and will continue to be a
          >devoted Journal user. :-)
          >
          >Lily

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6 3:02 PM
            Ah, OK. That's a bit different. I'll add this to my list and see what
            I can do.

            Thanks.

            -David

            Message 5 of 5 , May 6 5:16 PM