Re: [thejournal-users] Category or volume?

  • journal@through.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
      > >That's pretty cool, David. I wonder if I can combine mine. Some have
      > >journals, some notebooks, some both. Can I have multiples of
      > >everything in one volume under one user name. How to combine.
      >
      >You'll need to use the export and import (to the JNX format) to copy
      >entire categories (with all entries) from one user to another.

      OK. I'm getting that done. First I tried to back up The Journal. I've
      relabeled some partitions and, when I tried to use the browser feature in
      the backup dialog, The Journal froze. Tried several times and could
      reproduce it. When I entered the drive letter manually, all went well. I
      suspect it's because the drive letter I'd been using no longer exists and
      TJ reacted to that.

      I imported on notebook set and it set up fine. Except that it also
      duplicated the entries in the notebook section of the default journal.

      Now I've created a new category and was moving some entries and, when I try
      to move a notebook entry that's just an image, I got this error
      message: "Access violation at address 0319A086. Read of address 00001F7C."
      Tried again and got this one: "Access violation at address 006D1427 in
      module 'Journal.exe'. Write of address E501133D." Tried to go back to the
      entry I was trying to move and got this error message: "Invalid index in
      TContainer."

      So I've saved the entry as a JPEG file. So I have my image back and tried
      to delete the entry. Upon which I got the first error message again. And it
      won't let me delete that entry. Closed TJ, re-opened it and it did let me
      delete that entry. And, low and behold, the entry was moved - twice!! - to
      where I'd wanted it. I was able to delete one of them and things are going
      OK again. Very weird.

      I would surely like a cancel button in the import/export dialogs.

      I've imported them all now and even figured out how to change the order of
      the tabs.

      Thanks for steering me in the direction of the import/export feature, David.