Corrupted dictionary plus

  • charmionphyllis
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      1. I just reinstalled build 51 because I found my help files were
      missing. In doing so there was a file in the Dictionary module that
      was not downloadable so I skipped it. Now when I open any entry it is
      completely (or almost completely) underlined in red. How can I fix
      this?

      2. I have a number of categories that I would like to consolidate
      under one category while keeping the present categories discreet
      under this one heading. How should I go about this?

      Thanks for your help.

      Charmion
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        Charmion,

        #1 is a problem that comes from a corrupted download. Not sure why it
        happens, but if you re-download it usually fixes it.

        #2...hmm...the easiest way is probabaly to:

        a) Export Category A to a Journal Export (JNX) file.

        b) Then Import the JNX file, pointing it to Category B.

        Caveats: If A and B are standard/daily categories, entries for the
        same dates will get overwritten.

        Does that cover what you wanted?

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
        stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
        might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
        -- Earl Nightingale

        On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:44:56 -0000, charmionphyllis wrote:
        >1. I just reinstalled build 51 because I found my help files were
        >missing. In doing so there was a file in the Dictionary module that
        >was not downloadable so I skipped it. Now when I open any entry it
        >is
        >completely (or almost completely) underlined in red. How can I fix
        >this?
        >
        >2. I have a number of categories that I would like to consolidate
        >under one category while keeping the present categories discreet
        >under this one heading. How should I go about this?
        >
        >Thanks for your help.
        >
        >Charmion
        >

        >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------
        >~-->
        >Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
        >Lexmark
        >Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        >Canada.
        >http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        >http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/tt2olB/TM

      • charmionphyllis
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
          I was able to export Category A to a JNX file. I'm having trouble
          importing it. I created a new Category (Category B) but when I try to
          import Category A.JNX into it a new category A is created outside B
          not into it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It asks what Category
          to import into and I highlight Category B--but then it puts it
          outside Category B. Do I check the Auto-Create or Create New? I think
          I've tried both and the same thing happens.

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
            When the import asks you which category, select Category B and then
            click on "Import Into".

            -David