Dictionaries

  • Gerard Montigny
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi can anyone tell me how I can switch from the default US dictionary to
      the Canadian one?

      Sincerely

      Coach Gerard

      ADHD Canada
      <http://www.adhdcanada.ca/> www.adhdcanada.ca

      Promoting Healthy Lifestyles for People Living with ADHD/LD

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2003
        If you have the Canadian dictionary installed, do this:

        1. Click on the Options menu and choose "User Preferences..."

        2. Bring up the "Spell Checker" tab.

        3. Under the "Dictionaries" list, check the Canadian one and un-check
        the American one. You may need to click on "Locate Dictionaries" to
        add it to the list.

        If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

        "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
        stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
        might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
        -- Earl Nightingale

        On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:55:48 -0400, Gerard Montigny wrote:
        >Hi can anyone tell me how I can switch from the default US
        >dictionary to
        >the Canadian one?
        >
        >Sincerely
        >
        >Coach Gerard
      • Gerard Montigny

          If you have the Canadian dictionary installed, do this:

          1. Click on the Options menu and choose "User Preferences..."

          2. Bring up the "Spell Checker" tab.

          3. Under the "Dictionaries" list, check the Canadian one and un-check
          the American one. You may need to click on "Locate Dictionaries" to
          add it to the list.

          If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

          "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
          stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
          might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
          -- Earl Nightingale

          On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:55:48 -0400, Gerard Montigny wrote:
          >Hi can anyone tell me how I can switch from the default US
          >dictionary to
          >the Canadian one?
          >
          >Sincerely
          >
          >Coach Gerard

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          208685:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http:/webevents.yahoo
          .com/universal/intolerablecruelty/>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1784493/rand=691590469>

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2003
            For The Journal, the path needs to be in the Dictionaries sub-folder
            where you installed The Journal.

            The default path is:
            C:\Program Files\DavidRM Software\The Journal 3\Dictionaries

            If you haven't done so yet, you can download the spell checker
            dictionaries from here:
            http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/tjdownload.html

            A more complete list is here:
            http://www.addictivesoftware.com/dicts-extern.htm