The Power of Focus vs. 7 Habits..People

  • njheart2heart
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      I don't know about the difference between the 7 habits of highly
      effective people and highly effective executives. I'm sure if it's in
      the Covey line, it's a similar theory.

      I HAVE read both the 7 Habits book, and the "Power of Focus". I'd
      have to go back and reread each, but I can tell you that they are both
      worth reading. They are different, in that I believe Power of focus
      is more "hands on", with more of a step by step look, with questions
      at the end of each chapter. 7 Habits is more of of a theoretical
      book- it covers the "big ideas", and includes examples, but doesn't
      necessarily give you a "how to" feel as much as focus. Again, I would
      say that I have benefitted from both books, so would suggest that you
      could use either on in conjunction with the journal program, and
      likewise could certainly draw some parallels from the two.

      Dawn in Jersey