Re: [thejournal-users] Re: Now Available - The Journal 5.1 Build #487

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14, 2012
      Good to hear!

      You had me worried for a second there... =)

      -David

      On 2/14/2012 4:53 PM, A C Harper wrote:
      > Funnily enough my workaround didn't survive an application stop/restart,
      > but (hooray) the newest version installed without any problems at all.
      >
      > Thanks for your speedy attention.
      >
      > AC

    • jim.mcgowan
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 15, 2012
        David,

        First, your message says that "...Build #481 (5.1.0.487) is now available.."

        I take it that should read Build #487?

        Also, it would be more convenient if you added the last three numbers of the Build to the setup file. I have no idea which build I downloaded. The file is named "jnl5setup.exe" and the file properties do not contain the build number; on the Details tab the "File Version" line item shows as "0.0.0.0". So depending on what time you changed the download file on the server and the time I downloaded, I could have either #487 or #489. If it is too much for you to add the build number to the file name itself, could you possibly include the build number in the File Properties Details?

        Thank you.

        Jim

        --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, David Michael <davidrm@...> wrote:

        > The Journal 5.1 Build #481 (5.1.0.487) is now available:
        > http://www.davidrm.com/download/jnl5setup.exe
        >
        > The Journal 5.1 Build #487 is a minor update and bug-fix release.
        >
        > Bugs Fixed
        > * If a previous instance of The Journal is running minimized, do not
        > prompt about starting a new instance.
        > * Default link styles are being created without underline.
        > * Find Text... always finding only the first occurrence.
        > * Search Results is not displaying the entry's background image.
        > * Batch Entry Import ignoring timestamp when imported file names include
        > the timestamp.
        > * Auto-hide should not trigger while waiting for initial user login.
        >
        > New Features
        > * New Languages: German, Russian (full)
        > * Typed links can now be edited just by typing.
        >

        > To see your current version of The Journal, click on the Help menu and
        > choose "About The Journal". The version number is displayed just below
        > the copyright notice.
        >

        > Upgrading from The Journal 5 (any previous build)
        >
        > Click on the "File" menu, "Maintenance" sub-menu and choose "Backup The
        > Journal..." to create a backup *before* you install the update.
        >
        > Then download the current version of The Journal 5 available from the
        > web page (URL above) and install it over your current version. Or you
        > can click on the Help menu and choose "Check for Update of The Journal".
        >
        > NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal
        > cannot be running when you install the update.
        >

        > Upgrading from The Journal 4 or earlier
        >
        > NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version!
        >
        > Install The Journal 5. The first time you run The Journal 5 you will be
        > prompted for how to handle the upgrade.
        >
        > If you are upgrading from The Journal 2.x, click on "Upgrade The Journal
        > 2.x" and follow the instructions.
        >
        > People who have purchased any previous version of The Journal are
        > eligible for special upgrade pricing. Look under "The Journal Pricing"
        > in the online help for more information.
        >

        > As always, if you have any questions about or suggestions for The
        > Journal, please don't hesitate to contact me: support@...
        >
        > -David
        >
        > David Michael
        > support@...
        > http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/

      • computerfreak2823
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 16, 2012
          On my system (Win7 HP, 64 Bit) everything works fine. I'm impressed by the German translation. It's much better than the translations, which I've experienced with other tools. Thanks for translating it!

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 16, 2012
            That's good to hear!

            You can thank Matthias Nagel, though, for the translation. He very
            graciously volunteered to do the translation back in the fall, and
            turned it around very quickly. He was waiting on me, actually, to get it
            out the door. =)

            -David

            On 2/16/2012 9:07 AM, computerfreak2823 wrote:
            > On my system (Win7 HP, 64 Bit) everything works fine. I'm impressed by the German translation. It's much better than the translations, which I've experienced with other tools. Thanks for translating it!

          • Commissioner John Helm
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 9, 2012
              Hello,
              I purchased and installed The Journal 5.1 Build #497 today. I have been using the Journal 4.x for several years. The installation went fine but now that I am using it I am having glitches. It freezes when I make backups or when I change user settings. I have difficulty going from active programs when I am in The Journal. I have to minimize the journal when I went to go to another active program like “Live Mail” or “IE”.
              I have windows 7 and a 64 bit system.
              Any help would be appreciated.
              John Helm

            • Commissioner John Helm
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 10, 2012
                I uninstalled and reinstalled The Journal and it works fine. Sorry for the interruption.

                John Helm

                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 11, 2012
                  John,

                  Thanks for the update. I'm not sure what caused the initial issues.
                  That's not typical.

                  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

                  -David