Re: The Power of Focus

  • samudrm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
      I'm not familiar with "7 Habits of Highly Successful Executives".
      Could you provide a quick summary/review?

      -David

      --- In thejournal-users@y..., "chincm" <chincm@y...> wrote:
      > How does this book compare to Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly
      > Successful Executives"?
    • chincm
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
        David

        There was an article in The Journal Newsletter, January 2002, by
        Michael Ham, on how to use The Journal software with the book. My
        apologies - I thought you had written that article and therefore
        familiar with the book.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
          I thought you were referring to a different book in the "7 Habits"
          franchise, one specific to executives.

          -David

          >There was an article in The Journal Newsletter, January 2002, by
          >Michael Ham, on how to use The Journal software with the book. My
          >apologies - I thought you had written that article and therefore
          >familiar with the book.
          >
          >--- In thejournal-users@y..., "samudrm" <davidrm@d...> wrote:
          >> I'm not familiar with "7 Habits of Highly Successful Executives".
          >> Could you provide a quick summary/review?
          >>
          >> -David

          "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
          We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
          ---Rush
        • njheart2heart
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
            I don't know about the difference between the 7 habits of highly
            effective people and highly effective executives. I'm sure if it's in
            the Covey line, it's a similar theory.

            I HAVE read both the 7 Habits book, and the "Power of Focus". I'd
            have to go back and reread each, but I can tell you that they are both
            worth reading. They are different, in that I believe Power of focus
            is more "hands on", with more of a step by step look, with questions
            at the end of each chapter. 7 Habits is more of of a theoretical
            book- it covers the "big ideas", and includes examples, but doesn't
            necessarily give you a "how to" feel as much as focus. Again, I would
            say that I have benefitted from both books, so would suggest that you
            could use either on in conjunction with the journal program, and
            likewise could certainly draw some parallels from the two.

            Dawn in Jersey