CARUSO SEARCH IN LOUSIANNA

  • jcfamilytree
    Message 1 of 59 , Dec 11, 2001
      SEARCHING FOR LOUSIANNA CARUSOS..I HAVE HIT A
      BRICK WALL..I HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL MY SPECIFIC SEARCHES
      AND NOW I AM SENDING OUT WORD FOR A WIDER SEARCH IN
      HOPE OF FINDING A CONNECTION. MY GRT GRANDFATHER
      CHARLES JOSEPH CARUSO WAS BORN IN MARCH OF 1862 IN
      LOUSIANNA THERE WAS A FAMILY MEMEBR WHO SAID HE WOULD TELL
      A STORY ABOUT PUSHING A VEGETABLE CART AS A CHILD.
      AS AN ADULT HE MADE HIS LIVING AS A FISHERMAN. HE
      HAD A SON NAMED ANTON/ANTHONY JOSEPH BORN IN JULY
      1881 ACCORDING TO SOC RECORD HE WAS BORN IN ORLEANS
      PARRISH AND HIS MOTHERS NAME WAS HELENA MAPLES. I HAVE NO
      IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO HELENA BUT CHARLES REMARRIED A
      LADY OF FRENCH DECENT NAMED MARY AND HAD A DAUGHTER
      NAMED LAURA. THERE WAS A CONNECTION TO A FAMILY NAMED
      PUPPO. IT APPEARS CHARLES WORKED EITHER WITH HIM OR FOR
      HIM AND LATER THEY MOVED TOGETHER TO GALVESTON TEXAS.
      THE FAMILIES WERE CLOSE JOHN PUPPOS SON WOULD END UP
      BEING THE GODFATHER OF ANTONS SON JOSEPH WHO WAS MY
      GRANDFATHER. SO I HAVE DOCUMENTATION THAT AT LEAST THERE IS A
      2 GENERATION CONNECTION BETWEEN THE FAMILIES.
      FURTHER DOCUMENTATION SHOWS THAT CHARLES PARENTS WERE WHO
      IMMIGRATED TO THE UNITED STATES..BUT I HAVE NO NAMES.. IS
      THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP?
    • naturalgardener2001
      Message 59 of 59 , Mar 2, 2002
        Still lookiong for information on surnames:<br>Caracciolo & Liguori/Liquari. Some of the latter family settled in New York, California, and New England. <br>Any help would be appreciated.