POINT Genealogy Conference

  • Dan Zangara
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      Just want to tell people of the up-coming POINT National Conference to be held in Kansas City, MO in October.

      POINT (Pursuing Our Italian Names Together) is for anyone interested in Italian Genealogy. POINT was founded by Dr. Thomas Militello in 1987 for the purpose of establishing a network to assist other Italian-Americans in tracing their family roots.

      Our Speakers for this conference:
      Sharon DeBartolo Carmack, C.G. - Starting Your Italian-American Research &
      Flesh On The Bones
      Lou Alfano - Ship Records
      Suzanne Russo Adams - WWI & Alien Registration Forms, Italian American Sources &
      Finding Your Italian Family Online
      Dr. Vincenza Scarpaci - Italian Immigration
      Ugo Perego - Molecular Genealogy
      Paola Manfredi - Researching Italian Passports
      Daniel Neimiec - Researching Italian Church Records & Researching Italian Cemeteries
      Joseph Mastrangelo - Origin & Use of Italian Civil Records (a 2-part session)
      Marilyn Finke - Organizing & Documenting Your Genealogical Notes
      Mary Burtzloff - Naturalization Records

      These Genealogy Professionals will be covering several subjects that will aid in working in Italian genealogy.

      This conference is not just for members of POINT, anyone interested in Italian Genealogy
      is welcome to attend.

      If you would like more information or a registration form, please email me at:
      pointkc_2004@.... Please use "Registration Form" in the subject line.

      Ciao,
      Dan M. Zangara
      (913) 621-5646

      Fourth Biennial POINT National Conference - 2004

      October 7th. - 9th., 2004

      Westin Crown Center Hotel

      Kansas City, Missouri