32 Members

  • Luci
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2011
      According to Yahoo that's how many members this group has. Amazing how many people can be so inactive. That said, I somehow ended up with ownership of this group when the guy who started it went off to be a grown up... I've never even been to Ireland! But, what can you do? There's still value here - I love looking through our photos.

      Luci
    • Speculator Bookstore
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2011
        Well, there's an annual Irish Discworld con in Ennistymon, Co Kerry. I think its on this month, I know someone who booked for it.

        And the GuardsGuards! Game had its official launch at TitanCon 2011. So there's tons of Irish interest in Pratchett stuff.

        ---
        'Blood of Thrones' novel on sale for Action Cancer
        http://www.orb-store.com/blood.htm

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
          Thanks for posting the information. I wish I knew more about what is on offer for folks in Ireland who are also Pratchett fans. We had a great time watching "Going Postal" on DVD at my daughter's house just before Halloween. My daughter didn't have quite as much fun, since she was in early labor with her second baby - but at least the movie helped keep us from pestering her with questions while we waited. She has rather long labors (unlike me) so strangely enough it was a good idea for her to have the family over to distract her until it was time to go to the birthing center. The DVD was the one with an interview with Terry Pratchett, so we watched that part first and really enjoyed the movie as we took note of all the things he had mentioned. Cool movie, and fun to see him playing a small part.

          Luci