Re: soap holders

  • Cheri
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1 11:04 AM
      *** Yes, Lisa, that is exactly what it is. K@ren makes them on her
      knitting machine and there is a crochet pattern in the "Files" section
      on the annex site.

      Cheri
    • mkjcrafts
      Message 2 of 12 , May 6 5:14 PM
        Is the pattern for the soap holders made on the knitting machine posted any place on this site or could you do so, K@ren?
        Marge

        ***I'm sure there are better ones all over the internet but mine is SO simple and it's just something I came up with on my own. I'm happy to put it into the files but feel free to improve on it however you wish. Give me until later tonight please.

        K@ren

        --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "Cheri" <cherdonok@...>

      • K@ren
        Message 3 of 12 , May 6 7:54 PM
          Okay Marge, it's there now in a folder labeled Machine Knitting.
          I'm going to scan a picture and will have that in photos later
          tonight for you. ~K~

          --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "mkjcrafts"
          <mkjcrafts@...> wrote:

          > Is the pattern for the soap holders made on the knitting machine
          posted any place on this site or could you do so, K@ren?
          > Marge
          >
          > ***I'm sure there are better ones all over the internet but mine
          is SO simple and it's just something I came up with on my own. I'm
          happy to put it into the files but feel free to improve on it
          however you wish. Give me until later tonight please.

          > K@ren
          >
          > --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "Cheri" <cherdonok@>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > *** Yes, Lisa, that is exactly what it is. K@ren makes them on
          her
          > > knitting machine and there is a crochet pattern in the "Files"
          > section
          > > on the annex site.
          > >
          > > Cheri

        • oneida_53
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
            I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
            purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?

            thx
            kay HUGS in florida
          • n2dancebeth@mac.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 14, 2006

              Apparently the soldiers and sailors like to wear them around their necks, so long enough to go around someone's neck.  I don't measure mine, but I guess they're about a yard long.

              soap holders

              Posted by: "oneida_53" flhugs@...   oneida_53

              Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:23 am (PST)

              I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
              purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?

              thx
              kay HUGS in florida

              Beth Elliott
              infertility not an issue?  come join us at PCOSnotTTC@yahoogroups.com
              help knit for our fallen heros -  join us at KnitMilitary@yahoogroups.com

            • K@ren
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 14, 2006
                I just crochet mine long enough to hang up on a nail to dry. Any
                length is fine, I suppose.

                ~K~

                --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, n2dancebeth@... wrote:

                > Apparently the soldiers and sailors like to wear them around
                their
                > necks, so long enough to go around someone's neck. I don't
                measure
                > mine, but I guess they're about a yard long.
                >
                > > soap holders
                > > Posted by: "oneida_53" flhugs@... oneida_53
                > > Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:23 am (PST)
                > >
                > > I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
                > > purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?
                > >
                > > thx
                > > kay HUGS in florida
                >

                > Beth Elliott
              • Harriett Fergason
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
                  Just a thought, if they wear them around their necks to shower do they use a cloth or do they just scrub their body with the soap and the bag it's in? Sounds logical to just use the bag so it should be long enough to reach everything!

                  Like I said, just a thougt, Jane in Mustang

                • K@ren
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
                    How long would they need to be to reach their feet??? Too long, I
                    think. Make one and try it, maybe that would be the way to decide.
                    I've done that and that's when I came up with just use the soap
                    holder as a scrubber and then hang it up to dry. I didn't like
                    using it while still hanging around my neck...others might though.

                    ~K~

                    --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, Harriett Fergason