Re: [thehugsproject_annex] Re: soap holders

  • Mistletoe
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
        Are these soap holders the same thing as a "soap bag" - with a drawstring?

      "I am not my body. I am my words, my ideas and my actions.
      I am filled with love, humor, ambition and intelligence. I am a
      creative spirit, a fellow human walking the planet, who, just like
      you, is so much more than my body."
                                   Lisa Sandin

         > ^,,^ <            =^,,^=   x   5 + 1

       Mistletoe                      KNIT ON!
       Scotts  NC USA
    • Mistletoe
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
          Are these soap holders the same thing as a "soap bag" - with a drawstring?

        "I am not my body. I am my words, my ideas and my actions.
        I am filled with love, humor, ambition and intelligence. I am a
        creative spirit, a fellow human walking the planet, who, just like
        you, is so much more than my body."
                                     Lisa Sandin

           > ^,,^ <            =^,,^=   x   5 + 1

         Mistletoe                      KNIT ON!
         Scotts  NC USA
      • Cheri
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2006
          *** Yes, Lisa, that is exactly what it is. K@ren makes them on her
          knitting machine and there is a crochet pattern in the "Files" section
          on the annex site.

          Cheri
        • mkjcrafts
          Message 4 of 12 , May 6, 2006
            Is the pattern for the soap holders made on the knitting machine posted any place on this site or could you do so, K@ren?
            Marge

            ***I'm sure there are better ones all over the internet but mine is SO simple and it's just something I came up with on my own. I'm happy to put it into the files but feel free to improve on it however you wish. Give me until later tonight please.

            K@ren

            --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "Cheri" <cherdonok@...>

          • K@ren
            Message 5 of 12 , May 6, 2006
              Okay Marge, it's there now in a folder labeled Machine Knitting.
              I'm going to scan a picture and will have that in photos later
              tonight for you. ~K~

              --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "mkjcrafts"
              <mkjcrafts@...> wrote:

              > Is the pattern for the soap holders made on the knitting machine
              posted any place on this site or could you do so, K@ren?
              > Marge
              >
              > ***I'm sure there are better ones all over the internet but mine
              is SO simple and it's just something I came up with on my own. I'm
              happy to put it into the files but feel free to improve on it
              however you wish. Give me until later tonight please.

              > K@ren
              >
              > --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "Cheri" <cherdonok@>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > *** Yes, Lisa, that is exactly what it is. K@ren makes them on
              her
              > > knitting machine and there is a crochet pattern in the "Files"
              > section
              > > on the annex site.
              > >
              > > Cheri

            • oneida_53
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2006
                I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
                purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?

                thx
                kay HUGS in florida
              • n2dancebeth@mac.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 14, 2006

                  Apparently the soldiers and sailors like to wear them around their necks, so long enough to go around someone's neck.  I don't measure mine, but I guess they're about a yard long.

                  soap holders

                  Posted by: "oneida_53" flhugs@...   oneida_53

                  Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:23 am (PST)

                  I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
                  purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?

                  thx
                  kay HUGS in florida

                  Beth Elliott
                  infertility not an issue?  come join us at PCOSnotTTC@yahoogroups.com
                  help knit for our fallen heros -  join us at KnitMilitary@yahoogroups.com

                • K@ren
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2006
                    I just crochet mine long enough to hang up on a nail to dry. Any
                    length is fine, I suppose.

                    ~K~

                    --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, n2dancebeth@... wrote:

                    > Apparently the soldiers and sailors like to wear them around
                    their
                    > necks, so long enough to go around someone's neck. I don't
                    measure
                    > mine, but I guess they're about a yard long.
                    >
                    > > soap holders
                    > > Posted by: "oneida_53" flhugs@... oneida_53
                    > > Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:23 am (PST)
                    > >
                    > > I've just started making these on the KK...I don't crochet, so
                    > > purchased some cording for the "rope"...what length are we using?
                    > >
                    > > thx
                    > > kay HUGS in florida
                    >

                    > Beth Elliott
                  • Harriett Fergason
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
                      Just a thought, if they wear them around their necks to shower do they use a cloth or do they just scrub their body with the soap and the bag it's in? Sounds logical to just use the bag so it should be long enough to reach everything!

                      Like I said, just a thougt, Jane in Mustang

                    • K@ren
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 15, 2006
                        How long would they need to be to reach their feet??? Too long, I
                        think. Make one and try it, maybe that would be the way to decide.
                        I've done that and that's when I came up with just use the soap
                        holder as a scrubber and then hang it up to dry. I didn't like
                        using it while still hanging around my neck...others might though.

                        ~K~

                        --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, Harriett Fergason