Knifty Knitter neck warmers "Hugs" from Lesa...

  • K@ren
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2005
      Okay, I think that I have a pattern ready for those who are
      interested in using the Knifty Knitter (KK) circular looms. These
      are the neck warmers that are pulled over the head. I finished one
      yesterday, and tried in on my husband. It was long enough to pull
      up around the mouth, if wanted, and long enough and stretchy enough
      to be tuck into a fleece pull over. I used Lion's Brand Wool-ease
      (80% Acrylic and 20% Wool) Chuncky....I just love the feel of this!

      If you want, I can convert to a simple Word or text file to be up
      loaded with the other Knitted items.

      Using the Green KK, knit 30 rows. Tension is loose. Bind off using
      a Flat Stitch....and viola! You are ready for the next one!

      I can get two out of each skein. I have not tried using the wool or
      a small yarn. I have some wool coming in around the first of the
      month. I will try it with that and see how it goes.

      Lesa
      "Earth Bound Mother"
    • Elaine Rice
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2005
        Karen,
        I would love to have the pattern to the neck warmer.
        Elaine

        ***Well, here you are, it's almost too simple to call it a pattern....Lesa says that, "Using the Green KK, knit 30 rows. Tension is loose. Bind off using a Flat Stitch....and viola! You are ready for the next one!"

        There are videos that show how to do a flat stitch and they make it lay much flatter and not roll. Not sure how exactly to bind off while doing a flat stitch but I'm going to give it a try tonight. I've been making LOTS of neck pillows so I'll have to figure out where I left my green loom. K@ren
      • Joyceeee W.
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2005
          I was checking out the Hobby Lobby advertisement and it looks like most yarns are on sale, believe the Lions Brand with the wool is also.........if you have one nearby you might want to check this out. Hugs, Joycee in Colorado..............

          Elaine Rice <elaine@...> wrote:Karen,
          I would love to have the pattern to the neck warmer.
          Elaine

          ***Well, here you are, it's almost too simple to call it a pattern....Lesa says that, "Using the Green KK, knit 30 rows. Tension is loose. Bind off using a Flat Stitch....and viola! You are ready for the next one!"

          There are videos that show how to do a flat stitch and they make it lay much flatter and not roll. Not sure how exactly to bind off while doing a flat stitch but I'm going to give it a try tonight. I've been making LOTS of neck pillows so I'll have to figure out where I left my green loom. K@ren

          The "Hugs" Project...letting American Armed Forces know that we care & that we support them in their mission to provide & protect freedom.
        • EmbarkGuru@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2005
            I wish that there was a Holly Lobby or a Jo Ann's near here.  The closet one is about 100 miles.....one way!  I love living in the sticks!

            Lesa
            "Earth Bound Mother"
          • Susan
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2005
              I'd love to have a copy of this pattern. I'm new to the group and
              will probably lurk for awhile because I'm trying to get so much
              knifty knitting and crocheting done for the troops. I'm always
              looking for new patterns that I can use on the round loom. Thanks in
              advance!

              Susan

              ***Susan, the way I understand it, the pattern is contained in this post....it's just 3 lines - - - Using the Green KK, knit 30 rows. Tension is loose. Bind off using a Flat Stitch....and viola! You are ready for the next one! You can find a video of how to do the flat stitch somewhere in the annex. I'm sure someone here can steer you to it. It's in our files, I just don't have time to find it for you now. If you haven't posted that you found it in the forum or files by tomorrow night, I'll try to look it up for you.

              ~K~

              --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "K@r..."