Article you might find of interest....

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      Gordon James Klingenschmitt is a former Navy chaplain who was forced out of the service in 2007 for praying in Jesus' name. He says the Obama Pentagon wants to purge evangelical, Bible-preaching chaplains from the service by giving them an ultimatum -- "reconcile" with homosexual sin, or quit.

      Pentagon leaders preparing to impose open homosexuality on the military are serving notice that discrimination against the deviant lifestyle will not be tolerated. In a recently released memorandum, Defense Secretary Robert Gates directed his policy staff to move ahead carefully, but expeditiously, to end the ban on military service for open homosexuals.

      Officials said they will complete implementation plans for the new policy by Friday, February 4, and will commence indoctrination training this month.

      Klingenschmitt, the former Navy chaplain, now heads up "The Pray In Jesus Name Project." He believes a purge is coming.

      "Chaplains are now being faced with a choice: either quit the service, or reconcile with homosexual sin," he states. "Promotions and assignments are going to be controlled by whether or not chaplains reconcile with homosexual sin. It's really leading to a purge, I'm afraid."

      He contends that "many" conservative chaplains are going to be persecuted by the Obama administration -- an administration he says is "forcing these bad policies to punish chaplains who quote the Bible outside of the Sunday chapel."

      Klingenschmitt says while some liberal chaplains may go along with the new policy, he believes evangelical, Bible-believing chaplains are not going to reconcile with something God has called sin -- and consequently are going to be forced to resign from the military as soon as the implementation plans are put in place.
    • djzero91
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        I sure hope not. Really sad if true. We are a country founded on religious freedom. We protect agaainst religious discrimination.

        I don't know how the Navy fills their Chaplaincy positions, but it at least used to be in the AF that Chaplain denominations were proportionate to the recorded religious preferences of its members. So, if 50% of the AF listed religion A as their religious preference, then the idea was that 50% of the chaplains would also be religion A to reflect the makeup of the service and support the membership of the AF. So, if religion A had chaplains leave the service for whatever reason, the AF Chief of Chaplains would go to the leadership body of that denomination to see about having them fill the positions. So, while a chaplain may quit, the AF would expect that chaplain to be replaced by someone with the same religious tenants.

        That doesn't mean policy and procedure cannot be changed...

        Now, in and of itself, that would not speak to leadership practicing religious discrimination in determining promotions (or lack thereof)or any other number of subtle things intended to persecute a denomination. As stated, many religions do not consider homosexuality to be OK. They consider it a sin that by the Grace of God and individual effort and desire can be overcome.

        I have a conservative religious background. My denominations's stand on homosexuality is that it is not acceptable, so it isn't just evangelicals...

        Debi
        Very proud daughter of a very dedicated retired AF Chaplain