Re: [thehugsproject_annex] Taking Chance movie

  • Carol Williamson
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      Looking for copy for you Karen
      Carol NC

      ***Hopefully someone can just record it, I don't want anyone to go to any trouble though. Thanks, Karen

      From: Mary Twickler Mann <twickmann7@...>
      Subject: [thehugsproject_annex] Taking Chance movie
      To: thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 4:02 PM

      There are a couple of web sites where you can view movies. I looked at both of them, they show trailers and actor interviews, but the movie doesn't seem to be available yet. You can have them notify you when it is available. The web sites are:
      www.fancast. com
      www.hulu.com

      Hope this helps.
      Mary t.m.

      ***Thank you, Mary. ~K~

    • stitchinrags
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        will this movie be released for rent ???? Chris
      • Anita Betschart
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          It was just shown on HBO for the first time last week. So my guess is that it isn't available for rent yet. Hugs, Anita

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
            usually movies on HBO have been released but with it going on sale to
            the public later this month I wondered if it would also be a
            rental....it is for sale on the HBO website for 25.00...that is with
            the shipping and handling....Chris
          • Abs
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
              I am afraid that I would be a emotional blubbering idiot thru the
              entire movie. There were points during Band of Brothers I cried. I
              was able to watch Generation Kill without being weepy, but it wasnt
              really a series with sad emotions.

              I got weepy with the Oprah commercials for her show from Walter
              Reed..so I didnt watch it...but it made me question WHY it took her 6
              years to acknowledge the people there.

              Abbie
              www.sewdragondesigns.com

              ***I KNOW that I WILL cry throughout most of the movie but what’s wrong with that? It’s out of respect and honor of the great sacrifices our troops are willing to give……..for ME!!! I owe them EVERYthing and all I have to offer are my grateful tears.

              If I let a few tears dissuade me from seeing movies, I never would have seen – BraveHeart, Titanic, The Green Mile, Glory, Patch Adams, Ghost, Romeo and Juliet, Where the Red Fern Grows and Bambie, to name just a few. Yup, I cried during all of them and a whole lot more.

              K@ren

              PS Like you I have issues with Oprah (New Age religions, seemingly lack of troop support, etc) and I no longer watch her show.