New Kiss Pillow Machine Embroidery file to try out is posted...

  • K@ren
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2008
      in our files. I'm so sorry but I've forgotten now who designed it. It
      has been fomatted by Marcy Owens for our use. She hasn't tried to
      stitch it out yet so you can be the first. I would love to have
      hundreds of these to send/give out when troops deploy. If someone can
      stitch them out, the OKC group can do the finish work, I'm sure.

      I'm counting on our ME members to make this side project a reality.
      Can we do it?

      K@ren
    • Carrie Brewer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2008
        What do you want them stitched on, how big a piece of fabric or do you want to use it as an applique?
         Carrie Brewer
        alaskagal_98043@...

        ***Carrie, I'm asking those of you who are our experienced ME'ers to figure this out. I'm leaning towards a little lightly stuffed pillow that an be carried in the breast pocket. One for the husband and one for the wife to exchange with each other. What about 3 inches? I supposed square would be the easiest to make. You guys that are making them can send yours out to everyone you know but then after you've reached all of them, I'd really like to have any extras sent to OKC for our 2,000 Christmas boxes. We can send the pairs over and then he or she can kiss the appropriate one and send both pillows home to their spouse and then they can kiss and return one to the service member. YIPPEE!!!! I'm SO excited that this is finally coming into being. I LOVE THIS!!! and can't wait to send one to my neice in law for her to send my nephew.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2008
          What is a kiss pillow and do you have a pattern?
           Carrie Brewer
          alaskagal_98043@...

          ***It's just a tiny embroidered pillow that's lightly stuffed and then kissed by someone to be taken on deployment by their loved one. The second pillow is kissed and kept by the person still at home. It's just a little reminder of the love they feel for each other. AWWWWWW!!! I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff!!

        • dewydale@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
            Y'all how big are the pillows? Dale in SC
            --------------
          • dewydale@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
              Are you using 100% cotton for the pillows and what are you stuffing them with? Dale in SC
            • Marcy Owens
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
                Hi K@ren,

                The design I created based on the clipart is 2" x 2". I can give you just about any machine format needed, but for now just want a couple people with different brand machines to test the design. You can contact me directly for different formats. I have tested the design on my bernina, and have made yet some further adjustments, but instead of continually sending out new files would prefer to get some feedback first. I stitched my test on just a piece of muslin which I think would work great for making the pillows you envision. By the time it is created into a pillow with a little stuffing I think it should be just about the right size for anyone to keep in their pocket.

                Marcy
              • dewydale@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008
                  Hi Is there a photo image posted somewhere so I can see the finished product of a pillow?  Dale in SC
                  -------------- Original message from "Marcy Owens" <mbowens@...>: --------------