Pocket Flags

  • papcpac
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2008
      Would someone please help me locate a source to purchase the Pocket
      Flags? I cannot find the flag printed fabric I had used during Desert
      Storm.
      I have some flags, from a craft store, that measure 4 1/4" x 6 1/4'
      however, I am not confident they are 100% cotton. Because our troop
      would carry them in his pocket, the fabric content is my concern. I do
      not feel comfortable doing a burn test on one of them. Any help will
      be very much appreciated.
      Joyfully making hugs, etc.
      Pat C.
    • K@ren
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2008
        I don't think the flags we're sending are 100% cotton either but if
        the fire has already burned enough to reach that flag, sadly, it's
        not going to matter at that point. At least, that's my thinking.

        The OKC group may start selling that size flags (not yet folded) as a
        way of raising funds. Still trying to see if that's something we
        want to do or not. But I know some of you are having trouble finding
        them.

        I'll post in the main group IF we decide to. How much were the
        little flags you bought, I want to make sure that we give our members
        a good deal.

        K@ren

        --- In thehugsproject_annex@yahoogroups.com, "papcpac" <pchupp@...>
        wrote:

        > Would someone please help me locate a source to purchase the Pocket
        > Flags? I cannot find the flag printed fabric I had used during
        Desert Storm.
        > I have some flags, from a craft store, that measure 4 1/4" x 6 1/4'
        > however, I am not confident they are 100% cotton. Because our troop
        > would carry them in his pocket, the fabric content is my concern. I
        do
        > not feel comfortable doing a burn test on one of them. Any help
        will
        > be very much appreciated.
        > Joyfully making hugs, etc.
        > Pat C.

      • Pat
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2008
          Thanks for your reply K@ren.
          I bought my flags at Hobby Lobby and paid 50 cents each. They are made in the U.S.A. and are on sticks which can easily be removed.
          I will continue to look for the fabric I have used in the past and if found, will share the information with the group.
          Joyfully making hugs, etc.
          Pat C.