T A P S

  • sue dee hall
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2007
      I love to send this out every year. When I lived in the apartments in Modesto, I would print out at least twenty of them and go tack them on the message board in the laundry room and the mail box!!!

      Words To Taps
      (Note: there are no "official" words to Taps
      below are the most popular.)

      Day is done,
      gone the sun,
      From the hills,
      from the lake,
      From the skies.
      All is well,
      safely rest,
      God is nigh.
      Go to sleep,
      peaceful sleep,
      May the soldier
      or sailor,
      God keep.
      On the land
      or the deep,
      Safe in sleep.
      Love, good night,
      Must thou go,
      When the day,
      And the night
      Need thee so?
      All is well.
      Speedeth all
      To their rest.
      Fades the light;
      And afar
      Goeth day,
      And the stars
      Shineth bright,
      Fare thee well;
      Day has gone,
      Night is on.

      Thanks and praise,
      For our days,
      'Neath the sun,
      Neath the stars,
      'Neath the sky,
      As we go,
      This we know,
      God is nigh.

      IF YOU CAN READ ENGLISH, THANK A TEACHER!

      IF YOU CAN SPEAK ENGLISH, THANK A VETERAN!!!