Re: CATCHING UP

  • Ray Lanfear
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2008
      --First of all congratulations on pursuing your dream and never,
      never giving up. Your persistency and consistency and sheer
      determination will prevail. Our son Lance Lanfear, has that same
      character, at the age of 29, he just produced his first major
      movie "Jake's Closet" along with director/writer Shellie Ryan. He is
      currently working on the set of the new TV series "Swingtown", that
      debuts in June, in between movie projects. You can still visit the
      trailer at www.jakesclosetmovie.com before it hits the big screen.

      Enjoy and again congratulations and welcome back! Warm Regards and
      God Bless

      Ray and Judy Lanfear
      Proud Parents of Lance
      Producer of Jake's Closet

      - In thehollywoodcamerata@yahoogroups.com, "Fitz" <it_fitz@...> wrote:

      > Hello HC,
      >
      > It's been too long since I've posted here, and since I'm one of the
      > founders, that's just bad form on my part.
      >
      > OK, so here's what happened... had the sparks of a deal in play a
      few
      > years back. A few more rewrites and we were gold. Executive was on
      > board, agents waiting in the wings, the whole thing. It fell
      through.

      > Well that's just how it goes. I had to lick my wounds and move on.
      > Only, I found this turn of events took the wind out of my sails far
      > more than I thought it would. I didn't write a word for nearly 2
      > years, thus my absence from here as well.
      >
      > It was time to choose: keep pursuing this crazy screenwriting dream,
      > or call it a day. Those who succeed are those who persevere.
      >
      > I'm now 37 pages into a script I feel very good about. The outline
      is
      > complete, so now it's just a matter of finishing draft one, then hit
      > the re-writes. **Remember the most important rule of re-writes: 7-
      10
      > re-writes is a good start**
      >
      > So who's writing what here now? All the old school Cameratites
      give a
      > shout. All the recent members, introduce yourselves.
      >
      > I'll do my best to check in here more often and post post post.
      >
      > FITZ

    • loveandcoffee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
        I just signed with an agency.

        --- In thehollywoodcamerata@yahoogroups.com, "Fitz" <it_fitz@...> wrote:

        > Hello HC,
        >
        > It's been too long since I've posted here, and since I'm one of the
        > founders, that's just bad form on my part.
        >
        > OK, so here's what happened... had the sparks of a deal in play a few
        > years back. A few more rewrites and we were gold. Executive was on
        > board, agents waiting in the wings, the whole thing. It fell through.
        >
        > Well that's just how it goes. I had to lick my wounds and move on.
        > Only, I found this turn of events took the wind out of my sails far
        > more than I thought it would. I didn't write a word for nearly 2
        > years, thus my absence from here as well.
        >
        > It was time to choose: keep pursuing this crazy screenwriting dream,
        > or call it a day. Those who succeed are those who persevere.
        >
        > I'm now 37 pages into a script I feel very good about. The outline is
        > complete, so now it's just a matter of finishing draft one, then hit
        > the re-writes. **Remember the most important rule of re-writes: 7-10
        > re-writes is a good start**
        >
        > So who's writing what here now? All the old school Cameratites give a
        > shout. All the recent members, introduce yourselves.
        >
        > I'll do my best to check in here more often and post post post.
        >
        > FITZ

      • ScriptDoctor911.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2008
          Congrats.

          Best,

          Aubrey M. Horton
          http://www.ScriptDoctor911.com

          > > It's been too long since I've posted here, and
          > since I'm one of the
          > > founders, that's just bad form on my part.
          > >
          > > OK, so here's what happened... had the sparks of a
          > deal in play a few
          > > years back. A few more rewrites and we were gold.
          > Executive was on
          > > board, agents waiting in the wings, the whole thing.
          > It fell through.
          > >
          > > Well that's just how it goes. I had to lick my
          > wounds and move on.
          > > Only, I found this turn of events took the wind out of
          > my sails far
          > > more than I thought it would. I didn't write a
          > word for nearly 2
          > > years, thus my absence from here as well.
          > >
          > > It was time to choose: keep pursuing this crazy
          > screenwriting dream,
          > > or call it a day. Those who succeed are those who
          > persevere.
          > >
          > > I'm now 37 pages into a script I feel very good
          > about. The outline is
          > > complete, so now it's just a matter of finishing
          > draft one, then hit
          > > the re-writes. **Remember the most important rule of
          > re-writes: 7-10
          > > re-writes is a good start**
          > >
          > > So who's writing what here now? All the old
          > school Cameratites give a
          > > shout. All the recent members, introduce yourselves.
          > >
          > > I'll do my best to check in here more often and
          > post post post.
          > >
          > > FITZ

        • shanecra4d
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2008
            First and foremost I want to say hi to Fitz and way to go. Keep
            positive, focused and writing and it will happen.
            As I myself have been absent I feel I should perhaps re-introduce
            myself and get reacquainted with you all. I should have posted this a
            while ago, and I apologize that I have not. The real world being what
            it is - jobs (and losing them), 3 year olds, and of course writing -
            has kept me away from the net and the group more than I would like.
            But having settled in a routine a now budget some net time to be an
            active member.
            A little about me: I am the father to a wonderful 3 year old son, am
            currently unemployed (do to a layoff), am currently looking for work
            as a drafter, and I write mostly horror, science fiction and fantasy,
            but have done some drama and romantic work as well, including numerous
            short stories and song lyrics.
            I have written mostly screenplays and manuscripts for screenplay
            development, though I have done some manuscripts for graphic novels
            and animated series, as well as novelization. I am looking to meet
            artistic individuals who would like to assist in self publishing
            graphic novels, or helping getting my projects into the right hands.
            Well, I have gone on enough. I look forward to meeting and working
            with you all.
            Write on,
            Shane