Gay Hobbits!! I think NOT!!!

  • cholanmely
    Message 1 of 2165 , Aug 2, 2000
      I ran into something while at one of the other
      LOTR clubs and I posted the following argument in
      response to it. I thought I would share it with you.
      --------> I read somewhere (I wont say where) that Sam and
      Frodo were assumed by a certain person/people to be
      gay. That is absurd. Sam was married and had 13
      children. (Yes, 13 children!) I think it is safe to say
      that Sam had a healthy relationship with his wife. And
      as for Frodo, there is just no basis for such an
      accusation. And for that unfounded accusation we need to
      thank the same people who also have accused many a
      dearly departed English poet. Funny how you can't defend
      your reputation when fictional or dead.
    • Joe Padilla
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Mar 5, 2007
        Critics of Tarot Divination Yahoo Group
        Tarot cards were created for the purpose of game playing and nothing
        more. Tarot is really a type of card game having nothing to do with
        Kabbalah, ancient Egypt, Eastern religions, or Native American
        spirituality. The marketing of Tarot cards by the New Age publishing
        industries in conjunction with the above phenomena is a form of
        cultural thievery based on nothing more than pseudohistory. This is a
        forum primarily for the discussion of stereotypes and cultural
        appropriation issues related to the New Age marketing of Tarot cards
        for divination. All critics of Tarot divination and other forms of
        New Age cultural theft, regardless of religion or lack of religion,
        are welcome. Players of Tarot card games, Renaissance historians, and
        skeptics of paranormal claims are also welcome.