Arwen's death

  • gilwen
    Message 1 of 2165 , Sep 3, 1999
      Re-reading Appendix A I found something not very
      coherent. I quote:<br>Aragorn said "The uttermost choice is
      before you: to repent and go to the Havens and bear away
      into the West the memory of our days
      together..."<br>Arwen says "Nay, dear Lord, that choice is long over.
      There is now no ship that would bear me hence, and I
      must indeed abide the Doom of Men, whether I will or I
      nill..."<br>However the Appendix ends with this:<br>"But when King
      Elessar gave up his life Legolas followed at last the
      desire of his heart and sailed over Sea. We have heard
      that Legolas took Gimli Gloin's son with
      him..."<br>This doesn't make much sense, does it?<br>Please tell
      me what you think about this.
    • Joe Padilla
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Mar 5, 2007
        Critics of Tarot Divination Yahoo Group
        Tarot cards were created for the purpose of game playing and nothing
        more. Tarot is really a type of card game having nothing to do with
        Kabbalah, ancient Egypt, Eastern religions, or Native American
        spirituality. The marketing of Tarot cards by the New Age publishing
        industries in conjunction with the above phenomena is a form of
        cultural thievery based on nothing more than pseudohistory. This is a
        forum primarily for the discussion of stereotypes and cultural
        appropriation issues related to the New Age marketing of Tarot cards
        for divination. All critics of Tarot divination and other forms of
        New Age cultural theft, regardless of religion or lack of religion,
        are welcome. Players of Tarot card games, Renaissance historians, and
        skeptics of paranormal claims are also welcome.