Re: RES: [the High Elves] Slow here lately

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In thehighelves@yahoogroups.com, Aulë § - Eduardo Lages
      <edulages@b...> wrote:
      > Hello!
      >
      > I Agree you Terry. The group is too slow.
      > I participe of many portuguese groups, so i'll send you some topics
      we're
      > discussing there.
      > About the Ents, in a list call O Condado (The Shire)
      >
      > Does anyone know what happened with the (how do you call the ents'
      wifes?)
      > ents' wife?
      > Are the Ents son of Eru?
      > What really are the Ents?

      I think that the Ents and the Entwives just seperated because they
      had too little in common. By the time the Ents got around to looking
      for them they were long gone. I don't think the Ents are Children of
      Iluvatar, only Elves and Men are. Thay were called the 'Children Of
      Iluvatar' because none of the Aniur had any part in their conception.
      The Ents are the work or 'children' of Yavanna, sent to Middle Earth
      to protect and care for the trees which she loved so much. I don't
      know if you saw the movies down in South America but in 'The Two
      Towers' the effects people did a great job of creating 'Ents' for the
      film. However I was dissapointed with the way the 'Ents' were used in
      the movie, there was no character creation and the destruction of
      Isengaurd was hurried thru and the Hurons role at Helms Deep was left
      out. I think the battle between the Uruk-Hai and the Hurons would
      have made a great scene.
      I am glad you still check this group, I check it every day. Let's
      get it moving again. Do you have a 'winter' season in Belo Horizonte?
      Here in Texas it is HOT! Talk to you later. Terry
      > ============
      > Aulë §
      > Casa de Elbereth (Elbereth's House)
      > Ordem de Eä (Order of Eä)

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Aulë §
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi Terry!

        "The Ents are the work or 'children' of Yavanna, sent to Middle Earth
        to protect and care for the trees which she loved so much."
        Yeah, you're right. But the Ents were spirits in tree forms, sent to Middle
        Earth to protect the trees, olvar and kelvar

        " I don't
        know if you saw the movies down in South America but in 'The Two
        Towers' the effects people did a great job of creating 'Ents' for the
        film."
        Sure i've seen the film, and I agree with you. The ents were perfects in the
        film, i think.

        "I am glad you still check this group, I check it every day. Let's
        get it moving again. Do you have a 'winter' season in Belo Horizonte?
        Here in Texas it is HOT! Talk to you later."
        In Belo Horizonte, sometimes, the weather is very cold, but it never snows.
        And i'll not leave to check the group, cause it's interesting to know how
        you see the Tolkien's books

        Aulë §
        Casa de Elbereth
        Ordem de Eä

        Enviada em: sexta-feira, 1 de agosto de 2003 23:44
        Para: thehighelves@yahoogroups.com
        Assunto: Re: RES: [the High Elves] Slow here lately