Re: Paganism ?

  • jesters26
    Message 1 of 2165 , Mar 1, 2001
      I would call this whole pantheon polytheistic. I
      may even venture to calling Christianity and Judaism
      polytheistic. I remember reading, but it slips my mind where
      again, that Tolkien wrote thees stories with the purpose
      of it being pagan. It was to be an English mythology
      as a counterpart to Greek, Roman, Norse and other
      European mythologies. All of which were polytheistic and
      "pagan". Another point id like to make is just because you
      have a creator god and lesser court of gods, doesnt
      make it monotheistic. Many what we would call
      'heathens' have a most powerful creator god and a court of
      lesser gods. The Bible is the same way. So who is to say
      that its not the same god all these religions are
      worshiping.
    • Joe Padilla
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Mar 5, 2007
        Critics of Tarot Divination Yahoo Group
        Tarot cards were created for the purpose of game playing and nothing
        more. Tarot is really a type of card game having nothing to do with
        Kabbalah, ancient Egypt, Eastern religions, or Native American
        spirituality. The marketing of Tarot cards by the New Age publishing
        industries in conjunction with the above phenomena is a form of
        cultural thievery based on nothing more than pseudohistory. This is a
        forum primarily for the discussion of stereotypes and cultural
        appropriation issues related to the New Age marketing of Tarot cards
        for divination. All critics of Tarot divination and other forms of
        New Age cultural theft, regardless of religion or lack of religion,
        are welcome. Players of Tarot card games, Renaissance historians, and
        skeptics of paranormal claims are also welcome.