Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: Nice pet pictures

    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
      HI Anne,

      I would love to be running down a beach right now, we have another snow storm going on, it is the second one this week.

      We have so much snow here in Maine, I am going crazy. I want sunshine and warm temps and camping.

    • Michele Van Treese
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008

        Hi everyone!
        Remember me ! LOL. Sorry been MIA but I have been working 60hrs a week but loving the job!.
        I also told them that when the weather breaks I won't want to work the extra hours as much camping and motorcycle will become a priority. They agree we have some new people starting over the next couple of weeks and once they get trained we should be able to get a better handle on things.
        I am still up in the air about have the surgery or not. How are things going Corrinne?
        Hope all are staying safe and well!
        TTYS
        Michele

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hi Michele,

          How have you been?  Glad to see that you are back. Yes, camping soon! Up here in Maine we have so much snow I don't think we will camp until July.

          Welcome back,

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
            Hello, Joyce;

            Did you have any luck getting to the camping shows today? I hope the
            snow storm wasn't too bad!

            Yay for making your reservations at Camden! I was there (not camping-
            stayed in a cabin) a loooong time ago and thought it was very nice!

            > It is very pretty but, we are just sick of it. We wanted to go to
            2 small
            > camping shows tomorrow, but the worst part of the storm will hit
            between 6 am
            > and 1 PM.
            > It will be quite a while before I run down a beach.
            > I did however, make my first camping reservations at a state park
            in Camden
            > Maine for August, they now have Electric and water at this state
            park.
            > Joyce
            >

            > **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL
            Living.

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
              Hi Michele; I'm so glad to hear from you again! I'm glad to hear
              that the new job is working out so well! It's nice that they're
              willing to accommodate you when camping & riding weather starts up!

              Take your time making your mind up about the surgery; you'll know
              what the right decision is for you in your own good time.

              Thanks for checking in with us! We miss you on the thread! ~ Beth

              --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, Michele Van Treese

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008

                No we didn't get to any camping shows today, they will be going on next weekend too!
                We got 12 inches of snow today, it snowed all day.

              • anne chlovechok
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
                  Hi, Joyce. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in Ohio, too. I had to blow off a boyscout thing this morning, because it was about an hour away, at 7:30 in the morning, and it was snowing like a bear, and I don't have four wheel drive on my minivan. The other leaders (men) all had four wheel drive, and they all went...truth was, my kid's school auction was today, so I was happy for the excuse. They had enough drivers without me anyway. But I'm camping next weekend with my Venture Crew, and it's looking like another winter campout the way things have been going. So I'm breaking the four season tent back out...I was hoping for spring! We may have  a white Easter this year. Anne

                • lauriew@texasmedicalsystems.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                    Well, come on down!!
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                      Hi,

                      I don't think we will see spring for a while.  I am posting some pictures of all the snow we have around my house.

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                        Too bad the weather kept you away from the shows! :-( Maybe you can
                        go next weekend- I'll try sending some warming Florida ~~~~vibes~~~~
                        up to Maine to see if we can't hold off the snow!

                        Those photos are great! I showed them to Hubby, since friends of
                        ours' are going up to Maine in about 3 weeks to work at a Park..... I
                        told them to pack their winter woollies!

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008

                          We are expecting a ice storm tonight and they are saying Saturday could be a nor easter, really bad storm I don't think winter is ever coming to an end. Today though it was in the 50's go figure.

                          I will take more pictures after the next storm.

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                            Hi Joyce;

                            Wow, it seems like you just can't get a break up there! Are you
                            getting cabin-fever?

                            Hang in there- spring has to show up some day!

                            > We are expecting a ice storm tonight and they are saying Saturday
                            could be a
                            > nor easter, really bad storm I don't think winter is ever coming to
                            an end.
                            > Today though it was in the 50's go figure.
                            >
                            > I will take more pictures after the next storm.
                            >
                            > Joyce
                            >

                            > **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL
                            Money &

                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                              Hello,

                              Yes, I am getting cabin fever, I have started to exercise again, to take some of this weight off that I have gained from doing nothing.

                              Joyce

                            • anne chlovechok
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                Yikes! Me, too. Each Sunday I say I'll start Monday. Each Tuesday I say I'll start next Monday. Ha! Really want to trim down before bathing suit season, though. There was a photo of me in a bathing suit shown last weekend at one of our scouts Eagle Court of Awards...I'd helped him get his swimming merit badge...and I about fainted. Anne

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                  We had two snow days last week, and today schools let out early for rising water in the creek. Tomorrow will probably be a flood day, too. It's either one thing or another. The kids haven't had a full week all winter. Anne

                                  We are expecting a ice storm tonight and they are saying Saturday could be a nor easter, really bad storm I don't think winter is ever coming to an end. Today though it was in the 50's go figure.

                                  I will take more pictures after the next storm.

                                • Sally McHaney
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                    Hey!  I don't quite understand this happy camper thing.  I keep getting these emails form people I don't know.

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                      Lizbeth;

                                      We started out with puppy, cat and two birds. The birds used to
                                      get 'aired' everyday, that is, left outside in the fresh air with
                                      their cage doors wired shut. Unfortunately, some critter managed to
                                      get at them when no one was looking and killed them, even with the
                                      cage secured. The critter slid the cage tray out less than an inch
                                      and that was enough to somehow manage to get the poor little birds
                                      out! :-( I now a lot of people who leave their pet birds out at
                                      their site, but I wouldn't do it again.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                        Joyce; I think I'd faint, too!!! ~ Beth

                                        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok

                                        ______________

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                          Sally;

                                          Welcome! If you don't want to get the emails, just go into your
                                          membership profile and change your email settings to 'no email'. You
                                          can always catch up on the site's messages by just visiting here!

                                          ~ Beth

                                          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, Sally McHaney
                                          <lady_mc58@...> wrote:

                                          > Hey! I don't quite understand this happy camper thing. I keep
                                          getting these emails form people I don't know.

                                          > Jedcad@... wrote: Hello,
                                          >
                                          > Yes, I am getting cabin fever, I have started to exercise again,
                                          to take some of this weight off that I have gained from doing nothing.

                                          > Joyce
                                          >

                                          > ---------------------------------
                                          > It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.
                                          >

                                          > ---------------------------------
                                          Search.

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                            Silly me! I meant to address you as Anne... really...

                                            It's past our bedtime- better get to bed!

                                            ~ Beth

                                            --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Beth & Lorne"

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                              Good night! Anne

                                              <blp7171@... > wrote:

                                              > Joyce; I think I'd faint, too!!! ~ Beth
                                              >

                                              > --- In thehappycampers8- D@yahoogroups. com, anne chlovechok
                                              > <anne_chlovechok@ > wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Yikes! Me, too. Each Sunday I say I'll start Monday. Each Tuesday
                                              > say I'll start next Monday. Ha! Really want to trim down before
                                              > bathing suit season, though. There was a photo of me in a bathing
                                              > suit shown last weekend at
                                              one of our scouts Eagle Court of
                                              > Awards...I'd helped him get his swimming merit badge...and I about
                                              > fainted. Anne

                                            • anne chlovechok
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                                I left a cage with two parakeets out right after I had my second child--who is now 16--and I forgot they were out there. A big thunderstorm blew up, and the cage blew down, freeing the birds who apparently flew away, and were never seen again. Hopefully they were adopted by someone else. Anne

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                                  Hi, Sally. I'm new this month, too. You'll quickly start to feel as if you are getting to know these ladies if you keep getting the emails. It's fun. Anne, from Ohio.

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Mar 5, 2008
                                                    I know . I love seeing the pics and reading the emails form everywhere.