Re: Hi everyone

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
      Hello Ann;

      It's so great to hear from you! Boy, it sounds like you've had your
      hands full! It's so good of you & your hubby to open up you home to
      your son & his family; I hope they have a happy ending when all is
      said and done, but no matter what, I'm sure it means the world to
      have a life-line thrown to them.

      My meds don't help me with my weight loss efforts, either- I take two
      meds for an irregular heart beat & muscle tremors and both make me
      sleepy, slightly dizzy, and weight gain is a side affect. Great-
      just what I need- but I don't have any choice- the doctors
      experimented with different drugs for seven months to find drugs that
      would control my symptoms. It seems like I struggle just to maintain
      an even weight! I hope your doctor is able to help you- please keep
      us posted!

      {{{HUGS}}} ~ Beth

      --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <ammiller43@...>

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
        Hello Beth and Ann,

        I know what you mean it is a never ending battle with meds and weight, I have been exercising everyday once again and so far I am down 2 pounds. This my after the holidays and I don't know what else to do before camping season, so I work on exercise and getting my weight back down.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008

          I've been trying to walk Sammy three times a day and walk him for
          longer distances now that he not a real puppy any more and can walk
          farther. I think of you as being slim so I have a hard time
          picturing that you need to lose any weight!!!

          > Hello Beth and Ann,
          >
          > I know what you mean it is a never ending battle with meds and
          weight, I
          > have been exercising everyday once again and so far I am down 2
          pounds. This my
          > after the holidays and I don't know what else to do before camping
          season, so
          > I work on exercise and getting my weight back down.
          >
          > Joyce
          >

          > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in
          shape.
          > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?
          NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
            Hello,

            I am sort of slim I weigh 128 right now, but I like to stay around 120, I have had 4 disks removed from my neck and when I gain weight my neck and back bother me along with my fibromyagalia. So 120 seems to keep me at my weight that I seem to have less pain and some days pain free. In the summer I can keep my weight down because I walk so much outside when we go camping. Winter I tend to get a little depressed and I don't want to do anything and the weight creeps back up. I am only 5'1", so it doesn't take much to look chubby, plus I try do eat right for my heart, my mothers family all died from heart disease.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 9, 2008
              Hi Joyce;

              I can understand why you want to keep your weight down- it is a big
              factor for our health, especially if you have health issues!

              I'm only 5 five tall, so I know what you mean that it doesn't take
              much to make us look chubby. I don't weigh as much as a lot of
              people do and I don't wear XXX sizes, but because I'm so short I look
              XXXXXXX!!!!!! But, I am walking as much as I can with the dog and I
              want to get back into doing other exercises, too.

              Hope you're having a GREAT day! ~ Beth

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2008

                LoL, Yes it doesn't take much to make us look chubby. Just a few pounds and it goes right to our thighs and stomach.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 10, 2008
                  Hi Joyce;

                  You're sure right about that! Somehow, it just doesn't seem fair!