Re: Hello campers

    Message 1 of 9 , May 18, 2007
      Hi Joyce;

      Can't wait to see your photos! You never know when the circumstances
      will be right to become full-timers; we thought we'd have to wait, too,
      but we finally decided it was worth figuring out a way to start sooner.

      We're what I call 'professional campers' in that we work & live in
      parks - although my husband still keeps a part-time outside job for
      extra income for now.

      When are you planning to take your next camping trip?

      Message 2 of 9 , May 19, 2007
        Hello,

        We are going to Sennebec Lake Campground in Appleton, Me for Memorial weekend,  It is near Camden,Maine and that is a really beautiful area here. We have never been to this campground before, we are trying out as many new areas  this year as long as gas money holds out.

        Joyce

        See what's free at AOL.com.
        Message 3 of 9 , May 19, 2007
          Joyce; That sounds great! I'll try Googling that campground and see
          if I can see what it looks like. I know what you mean out the price
          of gas- that's why we stayed parked most of the time (months on end)
          and use our little Ford Ranger (30 miles to the gallon) to run around
          in. We also have bikes, too.

          > Hello,
          >
          > We are going to Sennebec Lake Campground in Appleton, Me for
          Memorial
          > weekend, It is near Camden,Maine and that is a really beautiful
          area here. We have
          > never been to this campground before, we are trying out as many
          new areas
          > this year as long as gas money holds out.

          http://www.aol.com

        • jedcad
          Message 4 of 9 , May 29, 2007
            Hi all hope everyone made it through this first big weekend of camping.
            We had a rough beginning, my husband hit a fire ring with the truck and
            bent the staberlizer bar we couldn't turn the wheels on the truck, I
            just got Good Sams ERS and had to use it the good sams asscoiate called
            around because we didn't know where to have it towed and found someone
            that could take us that day. We had to have it towed out of the
            campground and brought to a dodge dealership, they had the part and
            were able to fix it that day. Thanks goodness, the good sams and the
            dealership were so helpful and nice, all turned out well and we were
            able to enjoy our trip.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 31, 2007
              Hello Joyce; We tow our small pickup (Ford Ranger) behind our RV,
              too, so I'm going to tell hubby what happened to you so he'll be
              forewarned- thanks for passing your story on to us! How nice that
              you were able to get it fixed the same day! Did it take long to get
              a tow truck out to you? I'm glad it didn't spoil your trip!

              Have you planned your next journey yet?

              :-D

              Message 6 of 9 , May 31, 2007
                Hello,

                 We waited for about 45 minutes, so not to long, Good Sams ERS was wonderful, they found a place to fix it that day. The Service Manager at the Dodge Dealership was also very nice, we called and told him what was damaged and called us back and told us he had the part, and if he didn't he would try to get it that day, he had the part. He even called to make sure that we got picked up by the tow truck.

                We had a good laugh after it was all over.

                The cost of Good Sams paid for itself that day.

                Joyce

                See what's free at AOL.com.
                Message 7 of 9 , May 31, 2007
                  Joyce; Thanks for all the info! :-D

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 31, 2007
                    Hello,

                    No problem at all, I can't say enough good about them, Rance at  ERS, was just frendly and helpful he did all the calling and found us the service we needed and they they had a automated service call and tell us how long it would be until the tow truck arrived .

                    Joyce

                    See what's free at AOL.com.