Re: [thehappycampers8-D] Re: Back from vacation

    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hello,

      Their favorite place Disney Fort Wilderness Campground, they go down there every year they love that campground that is the only one he ever makes reservations for. We only go camping once a year with them usually Mass or Maine area.

      I can't wait until I have time to travel a little farther away from home.

      Joyce

      Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
        Sheri; Thanks- your information will be much appreciated by anyone
        who is thinking about camping at either one of those places! ~ Beth

        --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, swolsky2@... wrote:

        > Hi Beth,
        >
        > I will try to post to that section I did notice it.? The 2 worst
        camp grounds were 1- Yogi's Sturbridge.? We stayed 2 years ago 4th of
        July and there were some less than desirable folks who were drinking
        all day and doing drugs.? I woke up at like 1 am to an argument
        between one of the drunks and a poor young mother who was pleading
        w/them to stop partying and cursing so she could get her children to
        sleep.? The wasted guy was swearing at her and telling her off.?
        Security and police ended up coming and taking the unruly out of
        campground.? Then we went back the next month after vowing not to go?
        back there but some friends wanted to try camping but only w/a cabin
        so we went with them, and the people a few sites up were up until 2
        am playing cards and drinking and being loud. I called security at 2
        am and they finally turned in.? When I went to the office the next
        day to complain I mentioned the 4th incident and they played stupid
        and said nothing happened over the 4th.? 2nd campground was in CT
        called Niantic by the atlantic.? I had spoke to the owner/manager?
        over the phone before booking about problems we had year before in
        Sturbridge and she assured me nothing like that ever happens at her
        campground.? Now keep in mind she is like in her 60s w/no security
        gate.? So we went down there last year over the 4th and lone and
        behold there were regulars who were having a site crawl.? What does
        that mean?? The group goes from site to site of participants and
        drink and eat appatizers for like 20 minutes then move to the next
        site.? This went on for hours.? I fell asleep around 9 or 10? and
        woke up to harley bikes going up and down the road ways and one guy
        on his harley was visiting the site behind us and he kept reving his
        harley while he talked to the guy at the site at 3:00 a.m. in a loud
        voice like no one else was in the camp ground.? When we checked out?a
        day early and complained to the owner/manager she got very
        offensive.? I suggested maybe there was drugs involved.? How can
        people drink for 14 hours and stay awake w/out some sort of help??
        I'm not stupid.? I used to have a room mate who was a crystal
        addict.? She was like pissed that I suggested that there maybe her
        guests possibly doing drugs. She made me feel like the offender.?
        Anyway, I know it is long and I hope to get to post to the section to
        keep people from going to these camp grounds.? I have other stories
        from Yogis but you get the gist.? Have a great night.? Sherri

        __

        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
          Ann; That's a wonderful suggestion! I'll add that web address to
          our "Links" section! Thanks~ Beth

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <ammiller43@...>

          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
            Joyce; It's hard to imagine anything associated with Disney as being
            a wilderness, but I'll Google it and check it out- it sounds like
            fun, especially for kids! ~ Beth

            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
              Hi Beth,

              My brother loves that campground it is the one they always go to in Florida.

              I can't seem to find RVparkreview, when I get to that site I don't know where to enter my campground comments.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
                Hi Joyce;

                About the RV Park Review, do you mean the site that Ann suggested or
                the Campgrounds, Parks and Travel Destinations database on this
                site? When I asked you about entering your comments I didn't know
                about the RV Park Review website yet and I meant the Happy Campers'
                Database (listed in the menu on the left). I haven't looked at Ann's
                suggested site yet, but I did include it on our list of links. Did
                you check it out already? ~ Beth :-D

                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 12, 2007
                  Hello,

                  Ok, I guess I was confused. I will check our site out.