Re: A Return to Camping!

  • happycamperbeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012

      The new tent is supposed to arrive tomorrow or the next day and I'm really excited- can't wait to try it out! I haven't been tent camping in many years (like 12!) but this is a nice roomy tent with plenty of space to stand up-right and I'm going to get a comfortable air mattress so I won't be sleeping on the ground and an ice chest to keep food in. I still have my camp kitchen from my tent camping days, all crammed into a large picnic basket, but it holds everything: the camp stove, pots and pans, dishes, utensils, silverware, etc. I won't need much else- a ground cloth- maybe an inexpensive piece of carpet to put on the floor for the dog so his claws won't tear through the flooring. I also have a portable canopy, so we'll have some protection. A few folding chairs would be nice, too. And, yes, I will take photos of Sammy- he'll love it!

      I'm loving this cool weather, too. Sammy & I enjoy our daily hikes so much more when there's a nip in the air!

      Good for your for staying through October- fall camping is my favorite!

      Hope you have a great week, too!

      ~ Beth