Re: A Return to Camping!

  • RebeccaC
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
      Beth -

      So happy for your recent purchase! Enjoy!

      Even if it's the back yard - go out and do it. I've been thinking about pitching our tent down over our back hill - to just enjoy the animal/bird noises. I'd probably pee my pants of the coyotes came through in the middle of the night!

      When you go out - make sure to get a picture of Sammy dog enjoying the tent!

      I love these chilly mornings coming in. It makes a camp fire all the more enjoyable. The river was so quiet this weekend. Lots of folks down there quit camping at Labor Day weekend. We will stay through the end of October.

      The furry kids (Timber and Augie) were totally pooped. We walked and walked in the cooler weather. Too pretty to sit still and do nothing.

      Have a great week all!

      Becky, Jim, Timber and Augie
      The Caesar's
      Athens, OH
    • happycamperbeth
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012

        Yes- I found a deal on a good-sized tent that I just couldn't pass up and the urge to camp is just too strong! I may do a little off-season camping at Nickerson State Park or some other local campground just for the sake of getting out before the snow flies. The parks are pretty deserted this time of year, so it's really the best time to go. :-)

        Gas prices sure do make it tough to go much of anywhere. :-(

        The Holidays.... I can't believe that we're already in the middle of September already! Wow! Where does the time go? Good luck with the remodeling!

        > So happy you have decided to go camping again. We have not camped at all
        > this year because of the gas prices. We are slowly remodeling our home just
        > finished the bathroom and 2 bedrooms and living room. IWe plan to do the
        > kitchen next, maybe after the holidays, can you believe that the holidays?
        > Joyce
        >

        > In a message dated 9/9/2012 8:05:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > bthm63@... writes:
        >
        > Well, I finally decided to break down and get a tent. I may not be able
        > to afford to get an RV of any sort, but I did find a nice 8x10 Tent on sale
        > that's big enough to take my dog and a friend or grandkid or two. So, I
        > don't know if I'll get a chance to use it this year, but the price was right
        > ($59 and free shipping
        > http://www.texsport.net/cool-canyon-person-square-dome-tent-pi-1332-html-image-0.html) and the tent had excellent reviews
        > when I researched it. So, I'm thrilled! Can't wait to go camping again, even
        > if it's just local!
        >
        > Happy camping! ~ Beth
      • happycamperbeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2012
          Becky;

          The new tent is supposed to arrive tomorrow or the next day and I'm really excited- can't wait to try it out! I haven't been tent camping in many years (like 12!) but this is a nice roomy tent with plenty of space to stand up-right and I'm going to get a comfortable air mattress so I won't be sleeping on the ground and an ice chest to keep food in. I still have my camp kitchen from my tent camping days, all crammed into a large picnic basket, but it holds everything: the camp stove, pots and pans, dishes, utensils, silverware, etc. I won't need much else- a ground cloth- maybe an inexpensive piece of carpet to put on the floor for the dog so his claws won't tear through the flooring. I also have a portable canopy, so we'll have some protection. A few folding chairs would be nice, too. And, yes, I will take photos of Sammy- he'll love it!

          I'm loving this cool weather, too. Sammy & I enjoy our daily hikes so much more when there's a nip in the air!

          Good for your for staying through October- fall camping is my favorite!

          Hope you have a great week, too!

          ~ Beth