Airstream Bambi Camper

  • happycamperbeth
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
      I saw that someone is advertising a 5 year old Airstream Bambi camper in pristine condition for $800 on Craig's List. It's got to be a typo or a scam! Those things usually got for about $80,000! I looked at some Airstream in my initial camper search and I loved their lightness and design but went I saw the prices I almost fell out of my chair!

      ~ Beth
    • anne chlovechok
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
        BEth, be careful of craigslist. It's a place criminals use to scam people, because there is no feedback venue. Heard of the Craigslist killings last fall? Those happened here in my county. And they lured those guys in with ads. If y ou ever do decide to look at something from there, ask them to bring it to a very public place, near a police station if possible.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
          Anne;

          You're so right! Yes, I have heard about Craig's List killings and crimes so I always look at them with a jaundiced eye. Sadly, I had to assume right away that the Airstream ad was a scam or worse. I flagged it.

          ~ Beth

          --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

          > BEth, be careful of craigslist. It's a place criminals use to scam people, because there is no feedback venue. Heard of the Craigslist killings last fall? Those happened here in my county. And they lured those guys in with ads. If y ou ever do decide to look at something from there, ask them to bring it to a very public place, near a police station if possible.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • anne chlovechok
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
            Probably the smart outlook.

            You're so right! Yes, I have heard about Craig's List killings and crimes so I always look at them with a jaundiced eye. Sadly, I had to assume right away that the Airstream ad was a scam or worse. I flagged it.

            ~ Beth

            --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

            > BEth, be careful of craigslist. It's a place criminals use to scam people, because there is no feedback venue. Heard of the Craigslist killings last fall? Those happened here in my county. And they lured those guys in with ads. If y ou ever do decide to look at something from there, ask them to bring it to a very public place, near a police station if possible.

          • happycamperbeth
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012
              It's too bad that we have to be so wary of online selling sites like this. They're a great idea, but the crooks and psychos spoil it for the rest of us!

              --- In thehappycampers8-D@yahoogroups.com, anne chlovechok <anne_chlovechok@...> wrote:

              > Probably the smart outlook.

            • anne chlovechok
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2012